Pigs heads

SikaStag
Beginner
Beginner

Pigs heads

Post by SikaStag » Sun Mar 27, 2011 19:52

I got my to pigs heads yesterday. I skinned the heads out then took the skin off. I boiled the fat and meat for about 4 hours.
The meat melted in my mouth, was delicious. I have two loaf tins filled with meat and jelly, I hope they set ok.
I am looking forward to trying some laid on top of boiled potatoes, should melt a treat into the potatoes.

I know I did not cook the whole heads, which may seem a waste to some, I have enough brains do not to be eating any more, just need to jump start the one I have.

Still not sorted out with the worm for my Santos 12/12 mincer. It was meant to be here within 10 days, we are on the 11th day. I will call tomorrow if it is not here.

Ian
Maz
User
User

Post by Maz » Mon Mar 28, 2011 17:45

Hi SikaStag,
Here is one I have had on the back burner for some time perhaps you want to have a look at it and let us know. http://www.gourmet.com/food/video/2008/ ... o_pigshead
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sun Apr 10, 2011 19:32

Way to go Ian.

If I brought a pig's head home my wife would have a coronary, hmmmm.. :lol:

I seem to have a problem keeping up with new postings. Missed yours altogether until browsing this morning.

Anyway, let us know how your head cheese turned out. :mrgreen:
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.