Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jul 17, 2012 06:47

Hey, Hey, Tom J!
Have you ever wondered if you were losin` it! Have you ever looked at your watch three times in five minutes and you still didn`t know what time it was? And just how the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? Ya know, the more I email my wife, the more I recognize the need for a sarcasm font. Oh, and Tom... tell me... what`s worse than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong? :roll: Welcome to WD Tom J in El Paso, Texas. We`re glad you`re here!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jul 19, 2012 14:48

What in blazes!... Who is that hurricane ridin` a tornado into the WD camp? Hey, that`s no cyclone... that`s our newest member abrogard blowin` in from Australia just to sample what`s cookin` on the ol` campfire tonight. Welcome aboard abrogard! Pull up some campfire and "set a spell". We`d like to hear about that smokehouse yer` a buildin` down under! You know, I built one of those smoke houses once. Yup! I ended up tossin` half the nails away `cause they were facing the wrong direction! Bad Bob slapped me with his Stetson and said, "of all the foolish things I ever did see..." (on and on). I explained to him the nails were a pointin` backward. He slapped me again and said, "Well why didn`t you save them to use on the other side of the smokehouse"? :roll: Duh!
Welcome to Wedliny Domowe pal!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jul 20, 2012 09:50

Okay sausage wranglers, see if you can figure out where our latest member hails from. He is jcb and he lives in the USA in the state claiming the first:
√ hamburger
√ Polaroid camera
√ helicopter
√ color television
AND...
√ automobile traffic law - the speed limit of 12 miles per hour!

Not only that, but it was the first state to...
√ brand their cattle (when farmers were required by law to mark all of their pigs)!

Have you got it figured out yet? You can spell this state`s name by reading the even numbered letters (every other letter) in this word that I found on the bottom of an eye chart! Sciounwnoekcatsipcruot! :roll:
Welcome aboard jcb. We`re glad to have you here.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 09:36

Welcome aboard Tatoosh in the Cordilleras Of Luzon (mountain range) in the Philippines. Hey Tatoosh, I`ve got some "Seasoned Saddlebum`s "Western Advice" for you. Every time you hear that dirty word "exercise" (ejercicio), wash your mouth out with chocolate! Hey Tatoosh, did you know that the microwave oven was invented by mistake in 1946 when Dr. Percy Spencer, an engineer testing a magnetron tube, noticed that the radiation from it melted the chocolate bar he had in his pocket? Strange, but true!
We`re glad to have you with us Tatoosh.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jul 24, 2012 08:03

Okay sausage stuffers, it`s time for some, "Thrilling Tumbleweed Trivia"... yup, utterly useless minutiae that you probably just can`t live without! Our latest member Marty, is from the first country in the world to see the light of each new day. The place has more boats and golf courses per capita (about 400 for only 4 million people), than any other place in the world, and per capita, it has more cafes than New York City. It is a country of invention and the list of famous inventors is as long as the voyage to travel to this wonderful country... known as New Zealand. Welcome aboard Marty in Carterton. We`re happy to have you joining our membership. Make yourself right at home.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
atcNick
Passionate
Passionate

Post by atcNick » Tue Jul 24, 2012 19:35

I was going to say tonga
-Nick
Custom R&O Smoker
Cedar Smokehouse
Weber Performer
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle
Weber 18" WSM
Weber Smokey Joe
Lang 84 Deluxe w/chargriller SOLD
Cinder Block Smokehouse RETIRED
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Jul 24, 2012 19:49

at 175°East you are probably correct.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 05:35

Jail escape! Jail escape! All sausage makers... be on the lookout for three desperadoes headed for the WD outfit! Two men and a woman, these three are described as being very smart and good lookin` folks, but fierce and sly! There`s sawhorseray from Elk Grove, California and workingpoor from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, a suspicious pair of card sharps and notorious hold-up experts. They are said to be keepin` the rough company of a heart-breakin` damsel named Ursula from Victoria, Australia. It is said that she doesn`t shoot men with her Colt .44 - she just breaks their hearts. Welcome to WD folks! Take yer` spurs off before you come in the kitchen and don`t shoot the cook! We just got him broke-in!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sun Jul 29, 2012 20:08

Thanks for the welcome CW! I plan on introducing myself and doing some posting very soon, I've been very balled up with the folks from the Sausage Maker Inc. I've been making my own fresh susage for a few years now and decided it was time to start smoking some of it. I ordered their 20lb digital model, it arrived at my house with bent legs and damaged frame. They sent another, still leaving the damaged one in my garage. My first load landed in my garbage can right upon removal from the smoker, pretty much burnt to a soggy mess. Upon investigation and testing seems the digital temperature display on the smoker was about 22 degrees cooler than what was actually going on inside the smoker. Now I'm waiting on the trucking company to come pick both of the smokers up for a trip back to New York so they can do their own investigation and send me some thing that works properly. Been a lot of wasted time and energy on my end, and a little dough, hope it all comes out right. My wife won't let me wear spurs in the kitchen either! :grin:
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Jul 29, 2012 20:36

Jeez! 700 bucks for a smoker? I think that I need to apply my self to this need. Just need to do enough work for hire to be able to afford the toys needed.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 09:21

Welcome aboard Makausa in Tennessee and jroc in Michigan. Perhaps you folks could answer a couple of questions for me. How is it possible to have a Civil War? And why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"? And, I wonder if infants enjoy infancy as much as adults seem to enjoy adultery. Gee, what if there were no hypothetical questions? And hey, just how do they get deer to cross the road at only the places those little yellow signs are posted?

Nice to have you with us Makausa and jroc!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Mon Jul 30, 2012 15:05

ssorllih wrote:Jeez! 700 bucks for a smoker? I think that I need to apply my self to this need. Just need to do enough work for hire to be able to afford the toys needed.
I sold my boat and jeep last year and forked over the $35K to my wife, toys I won't be getting back, she thought the smoker was a good trade. I used a old Nesco Open Country smoker for salmon and pheasants for 35 years with great success, think I paid $65 for it. Been making fresh sausage for a few years and now that I want to start smoking some of it seems I need temperature control, digital thermometers, and maybe some other stuff that can break or just not work right. Last week I had probably 25 e-mails between the Sausage Maker folks in New York and the tech in Brazil from the guys who supply the thermostats for the smokers they make. In the last e-mail from the tech in Brazil he copped to a problem on my model between the unit and probe, was never going to be accurate, I could just experiment with the temps and extrapolate the differences to find what would work. I forwarded all my e-mails with the tech in Brazil to the boys in NY explianing that for $700 I expected a smoker that digitally displayed 160* to actually smoke the meat at that temp, not 185*. I read their bible authored by Rytec Kutas and old Rytec seemed to believe that sausage smoked over 170*; would just turn into a big mess, which is what happened to me. Sausage, international game of mystery and investigation! I figure the worst that will happen is they refund my $700 and we part ways, tho I'd really like something that worked right, that's why I purchased the thing in the first place. It should all start shaking down this week, more to come! RAY

PS: Usually when writiing on a computer if I want to express 160 degrees I'll type the 160 and then hold down the "alt"key while entering 0186 on the key-pad, which in turn puts the little "O" sign denoting degrees right next to the number. When the Preview or Submit buttons are pressed what was a degree sign after the number in now transposed to &ordm. Easier to use the asterisk I guess, tho certainly not proper. HA!
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Jul 30, 2012 15:56

When you are writing a post look to the left below the emoticons. ½ of the time I tell ±¾ of the members about this and to that ° it seems to work. :cool:
Ross- tightwad home cook
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Mon Jul 30, 2012 16:01

ssorllih wrote:When you are writing a post look to the left below the emoticons. ½ of the time I tell ±¾ of the members about this and to that ° it seems to work. :cool:
Ah ha, as it would now be 160°! Thanks for that. RAY
Darthfrog
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Darthfrog » Mon Jul 30, 2012 17:34

sawhorseray wrote:for $700 I expected a smoker that digitally displayed 160* to actually smoke the meat at that temp, not 185*.
Did you consider the Bradley Digital Smoker? I don't have one but I gather it's very well thought of, less money than the one you're currently having grief with and quite versatile, being able to cold as well as hot smoking.

--
Cheers,
Rob
I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.