Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Aug 07, 2012 13:56

And just one generation later the government started sending the army to protect trespassers called settlers and pioneers moving in to take land that wasn't theirs.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 09:58

We`ve got a new member joining us today. Welcome aboard sharkbait in Melbourne, Australia. Hey sharkbait, have you ever noticed how smart dolphins really are? Yes, in fact, dolphins are so smart that within just a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the edge of a pool and throw them fish! :smile:
We`re glad to have you with us sharkbait.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 02:28

Okay sausage wranglers, how about some... "Thrilling Tumbleweed Trivia" - particular peculiarity that you probably just couldn`t live without! :roll:
Where was the first piano in America built? In the same town the first American flag was made of course. Which state? The only original colony not bordered by the Atlantic Ocean. Our newest member Kitchen Jam is located in the borough of Lansdowne, just 5 miles southwest of downtown Philadelphia. Welcome aboard Kitchen Jam. Make yourself at home. Nice to have you with us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Aug 11, 2012 05:25

Welcome to Wedliny Domowe "Erk04" in Quebec. Pour yourself a cup of brown gargle and have a seat on a log around the ol` campfire. Hey Erk... a wise man once said, "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad". Oh no, it looks like I blew it again! :roll:
We're glad to have you with us Erk!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 03:12

YaaaaHoooos Buckaroos! Two more good lookin` and intelligent folks joinin` WD today! Welcome aboard jimpres in Evensville, Tennessee and Camille somewhere on the "west coast". We`re glad to have you with us and I`ve got some "Seasoned Saddlebum`s "Western Advice" :roll: just for you!
Always take life with a grain of salt... (plus a slice of lemon, and a shot of tequila!)
Both of yaaas, hang yer` rigs on the top rung and grab a cup of Arbuckles. Join us `round the ol` campfire for some bad jokes and great brats!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
jimpres

Post by jimpres » Sat Aug 18, 2012 03:56

Hi Chuckwagon, Witam co nowego, Welcome what's new now you know 7 words. ; ))
I have been on the Polish version of this site many time and have their book. jimpres is just my first name and part of the last in English. Actually it is Jakub Przedzienkowski and I go by Kuba or Jim, Polish or English. Been making sausage for years. Made 20 lbs of Polish today and will stuff and smoke it tomorrow morning. I see you in the rockies. I lived in Denver for 18 years then went into the Navy. Lived in California, and Poland. And we have 60 ducks on the property. ; )) Czarnina on the hoof sort to speak.
Kuba
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 20:56

Who`s that ridin` into camp at a full gallop? Goodness, that`s our ol` sidekick Gulyas from Wisconsin! Haven`t seen him in a coon`s age. Hey Gulyas, slow down long enough to sample our bad coffee pard. Better yet, hang your rig in the tack shed and join us down at the ol` corral. We`ll let you ride a big bull we`ve been a hidin`. His name is "BD"... short for "brain damage". :roll: Welcome to the WD outfit Gulyas. We`re glad to have you with us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Sun Aug 19, 2012 02:48

Thank You very much for the greeting Mr. C.W.
I used to read here for years now. I think this is the best place to learn.
I was born in Hungary, now I'm living in USA for 40 years. I'm gardening too for fun, and like to cook. Gulyás is goulash in Hungarian. Goulash is very flexible. It's a stew, that can be dried, adding water it's stew, adding more water it's soup.
I'm retired now, used to be a precision machinist journeyman, working all my life in tool rooms, making gauges, tools, and dies. Have some other trades too.
I like Polish people very much, I was in Poland too, about '70, in Katowice. Just visiting, and sampling the sausages....... :lol:
Last edited by Gulyás on Sun Aug 19, 2012 03:11, edited 2 times in total.
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Sun Aug 19, 2012 02:52

Goulash, not like sausage, does have secret ingredients, cooked on open fire, smoke, and a little ash. :lol:
Last edited by Gulyás on Sun Aug 19, 2012 03:12, edited 1 time in total.
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Sun Aug 19, 2012 03:00

May I say just one complaint.
A was looking at the pictures, Lach has such a nice form for ham, but a cannot find it in stores anywhere. :cry:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Aug 19, 2012 03:46

Hi Gulyas, We're glad to have you with us. You asked about a ham form? [press?]. If you click on this link and scroll down, Stan Marianski shows how to make one. A tool maker like you should be able to make a beauty. Here's the link: http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/hams-other-meats/formed
They aren't available in any stores I've looked in. Everyone says they are scarce. Once in a while you may find one of the old cast aluminum models at a garage sale. Shucks, I've used the ceramic insert from a smaller, oval-shaped, crock-pot. I just tossed an ol' board on the top and had my horse sit on it for a few days! :shock:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Sun Aug 19, 2012 04:14

Yesssir Mr. C.W.

I can make one easy, but it would be simpler to buy it, I already studied the ones here. Es a matter of fact, started already. Thank You anyhow.
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Sun Aug 19, 2012 04:17

I have the book too, what Mr. Stanley Marianski wrote.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Aug 20, 2012 05:49

Welcome to WD "Northfork" from the north west! Just by looking at you I can see you are a fine figure of a man and intelligent too. Perhaps you could answer a couple of questions that have really been botherin` me lately. At income tax time, did you ever notice that when you put the two words 'The' and 'IRS' together it spells ...'THEIRS'? Which bring up another question. Whatever happened to Preparations A through G? And have you ever wondered what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag? I`ve just got to know what hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men? And why do croutons come in airtight packages? Aren't they just stale bread to begin with? It`s sort of like sour cream coming in containers with expiration dates on them. What is it going to do? Go sour? :roll: Make yourself at home Northfork, it`s great to have you with us!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
NorthFork
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by NorthFork » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:52

Thanks for the welcome Chuckwagon, and hello to all from the Washington State. CW-I'll get to work on some answers for you as soon as I have found "Yonder", "Back Yonder" and also figure out how far it is to "Way Over Yonder", my old Grandad new all these things but I'm still working on it!

I've been making jerky, smoking fish and some snack stixs for some time but I'm just getting into the sausage phase. This site is a wealth of information and the members all seem to be great at sharing their knowledge and experience-all in all a Great group and site. I will do my best to offer something of value to the site.

Thanks again
NorthFork