Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jul 06, 2013 06:18

Well, the 4th of July is over for another year. I saw so many fireworks that my eyes went crossed! Hey, did you folks realize that only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4? Yup, John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn't added until 5 years later.

Welcome to Wedliny Domowe "Kaiyara" in Troy, Alabama, and "oksprint" in Mayetta, Kansas. Nice to have you folks with us! Pour yourselves a cup of brown gargle and join us `round the ol` campfire.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Plumber

Post by Plumber » Tue Jul 09, 2013 23:57

Good evening, all.
Just thought I'd drop everyone a quick line. My name is Mark and I'm from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I'm married with 3 wonderful daughter. I'm a Plumber by trade for 12 years. I was raised in family sausage making and has become just shy of an obession. I know my way around the grinder, stuffer and smoker. I'll just close by saying I'm happy to be on here wanting to learn as well as give some info that I have learned.

Mark
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jul 10, 2013 04:45

Welcome aboard Mark! (Plumber in Milwaukee, Wisconsin). We are happy to have you with us. Park your horse in the corral and hang your tack in the shed. Grab your "reloadin' outfit" and eatin' irons and join us at the campfire for some viddles! We've got baby back ribs, mashed taters, corn on the cob, and veggies all waitin' 'fer ya to dig in. Good to have you with us pal. :wink:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:40, edited 3 times in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jul 10, 2013 05:10

Yeeee Haaaawwww! Another good lookin' and intelligent member has joined us at WD.
How do I know he is good lookin' and intelligent? Well, he joined this outfit didn't he? Well, didn't he? :lol:
Welcome aboard bkshafer in Bakersfield, California. We're mighty glad to have you with us. Mosey on over to the campfire and grab a cup of brown gargle! It's strong enough to float a Colt!

Hey shafer, I've got to tell you a story. When my lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first, the shed, the boat, making beer... Always something more important to me.
Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point. When I arrived home one day, I found her kneeling in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house. I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again I handed her a toothbrush, and said, "When you finish cutting the grass, you might as well sweep the driveway..."

The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jul 10, 2013 17:16

Hey folks,
We`ve got a new wrangler ridin` fer` this brand and his name is M.D.Flan from Linden, Pennsylvania. Shucks, I think we just ought to call him "Doc". What do you think? Welcome aboard M.D.Flan... errr, uhhh... "Doc"! Make yourself comfortable and grab a cup of Arbuckles from that ol` blue, chipped, porcelain pot on the campfire.

Hey Doc,
Grab your calculator and figure this one out: If you multiply 111,111,111 by 111,111,111 guess what you get?
Holy cow! You get 12,345,678,987, 654,321. Goodness... Could I possibly have too much time on my hands? :roll:

Welcome to WD! It`s nice to have you with us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 06:56

Yeee Haww! Two more members with us today. Welcome to Wedliny Domowe "Flaffer" in Montana, and Prestigenindia in India. Hey Prestige, you`ve got a mighty long ride on horseback to reach our campfire... but you can make it in about 6 days at a full gallop! Ol` Flaffer and I will be waiting fer` ya with some viddles and a pot of hot brown gargle!
Well boys, it`s about time for some... "Chuckwagon`s Saddlebum`s Sagebrush Sagacity & Wild Western Wisdom". And here it is! Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much. And don't judge others by their relatives. Shucks, they didn't pick them!" :roll:

Welcome to WD gentlemen! It`s nice to have you with us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 07:59

Welcome to WD "CoreyRanie" from Adairsville. We will presume that is the Adairsville in sunny Georgia! You know... the Adairsville in Bartow County, Georgia, United States. The Adairsville with a population of 4,648. Yup, the Adairsville 12 miles south of Calhoun, 18 miles northeast of Rome, and 61 miles north of Atlanta. Whew! :razz: Now, is that the one? :shock: It`s nice to have you with us Corey. Relax and kick yer` boots off.

Hey Corey, don`t you just hate hospitals! Have you ever noticed the colder the x-ray table, the more of your body is required to be on it? I`ve always believed a "recovery room" is a place where they do upholstery. And bacteria is the rear door in the cafeteria. A coma is a punctuation mark in my world, and a medical staff is a doctor`s cane! An outpatient is a person who has fainted, and barium is what doctors do when patients die.
Welcome aboard girl!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:27

Hey, hey, hey! It`s about time for a little, "Thrilling Tumbleweed Trivia" - particularly, peculiar, poppycock you probably just couldn`t live without! :roll:
Animals are fascinating! For instance, "spinner" dolphins sleep in pairs, one with the left hemisphere asleep, the other with the right. Together each keeps watch using one eye and half a brain. They are known to sleep-mate for life. And did you know that otters hold hands when they sleep? Yup, they do it so they don`t drift away from each other. Now, if you think that`s a little odd, get this: Except when breeding, the Common Swift spend their entire lives in the air, living on the insects they catch in flight. They drink, feed, and often mate and sleep on the wing!

Yeee Haaawww! We`ve got a new member on WD and her handle is sambal badjak. She`s from Lower Zambezi, Zambia in southeastern Africa. Welcome aboard girl! It`s nice to have you with us. Make yourself right at home and kick off yer` boots!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
sambal badjak
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by sambal badjak » Fri Jul 19, 2013 13:14

Thanks for the welcome, and yes, I do live in Zambia at the border with Zimbabwe, right on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River. Boating and fishing are 2 of my hobbies. The other ones obviously are eating and cooking, if I may be so bold to include curing, smoking etc under the "cooking" heading....
I will most likely be harrassing you all with questions about (food) smoking in a hot climate in the near future.
life is too short to drink bad wine (anonymus)
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Jul 19, 2013 13:47

Sambal, This week in the eastern half of the USA the night time temperatures have been about 30°C and day times it has been close to 40°C But we do have air conditioning systems in our homes.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jul 19, 2013 13:50

Sambal, do you make Bor Wors? ( or Boerewors). Our member "Bubba" is from your neck of the woods and he`s one of the nicest people I`ve ever met! He won our monthly sausage contest with his recipe for South African Boerewors. He called them Bubba`s Boerewors, and they are tasty, tasty, tasty! We also have "Maz" right next door to you. He makes Bor Wors also. He and I go way back. Shucks, we even went to different schools together! You can see Bubba`s recipe at this link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=60 (scroll down).
Oh, and yes... ask all the questions you may. There are lots of folks here always ready to help.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 20:34

Sambal Badjak,
Welcome to the forum. Great advise is always available here.
You must like Indonesian food, like me. Am I correct?
One thing got me wondering though, the flag!!!, Red, White and Blue. This goes hand in hand with the Orange one. It certainly is not Zambian.
Do I notice some Kaaskop influence?
Regards,
Jan.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 08:09

Crusty, if you place your cursor right over the flag, the origin will (should) appear.
sambal badjak
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by sambal badjak » Sat Jul 20, 2013 08:47

Thanks for the very warm welcome, everyone. I might just feel at home here :lol:

I am Dutch, hence the red/white and blue flag, but I live in Zambia. Thought that would confuse a couple of people!

I love Indonesian food, actually all SE Asian food. What's life without garlic and chili?
I haven;t tried making boerewors yet, although I eat a fair amount of it. We do make biltong though and will pretty soon try our hands on dry-wors.

ssorlih: those temperatures look like our October temperatures, although you may add an extra 5 oC. No cold smoking in that month, that's for sure!!
life is too short to drink bad wine (anonymus)
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jul 21, 2013 21:43

Howdy smoke sniffers and hickory addicts! :mrgreen:
We have two new members with us today.
Paci is from Perth, Australia and Gumbalarth is in Madison, Ct. - That`s Connecticut to those who don`t know! Hey now.... Connecticut is pretty famous! Especially for their sub-marine pens in New London. Without these facilities, we would not have won World War II. Yup, you can check it out for yourself on the internet. Welcome aboard Gumbalarth!
And now a word about "down under". The Australian folks of WWII should always be remembered too! This is a nation of heroes! Without these these folks, we would be in a world of hurt! And probably speaking some other language! :shock:
Hey Paci, be sure to check out the Australian And New Zealand Resources For "Downunder" Members Of WD at this link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=6050 We love all you Australian folks! Shucks pards, we`re just tickled to death that you support WD and even have your own forum.

Muh hoss is getting` a little unruly! Whoa, whoa, Sparky! Whoa big fella! Lets trot fer a spell!
It`s time for some... Seasoned Saddlebum`s "Sage Advice"... You know.... "Philosophy From The Saddle!" Here it is: Talk slowly but think quickly. When someone asks you a question that you just don't want to answer, simply smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
Now, that`s the best advice I can give you except fer`.... Don`t kick a horse`s "meadow muffin" on a hot day! It will completely destroy the shine on yer` boot! :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon