Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Maz
User
User

Post by Maz » Tue Jun 21, 2011 16:27

Hi en welkom Stoney ek dink jy sal dit baie geniet hier, wil later gesels met jou oor Duitse wors wat julle Suidwesters maak. :smile: ( If anyone wants me to translate I will).
Stoney

Post by Stoney » Tue Jun 21, 2011 20:18

Hi Maz dankie goed om plaaslike vleis vriende te he
Ja hoop ons kan resepte uitruil
Escord se vark worsies by 'n wenner
Seen wense
Stoney
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 05:10

Hey Maz,
I know what that means! I know what that means!
It means:
If I could be a fish, I'd like to be a bass,
So I could climb the rocks and trees, and slide down on my...
hands and knees!

Right? :shock: Uhh... well.... a... sure.... OK, translate.
(Something tells me that is not Polish)

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 05:11

Hi Everyone! Can anybody guess where the first Krispy Kreme Donut was made? Here`s a hint: It was in the state in which our newest member resides. Welcome to the forum Cass from North Carolina! Lots of folks say that NC is also the place where America`s first barbecue took place. Hmmmm... I was there alright, I just can`t remember who was cookin' the cow. :roll: Glad to have you join us Cass.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Maz
User
User

Post by Maz » Tue Jun 28, 2011 19:41

Hi en welkom Stoney ek dink jy sal dit baie geniet hier, wil later gesels met jou oor Duitse wors wat julle Suidwesters maak
"HI Stoney welcome, I think you will enjoy it here, would like to talk to you at a later stage about the sausages that the Germans in South West Africa make."
Reply.
" Hi nice to meet some local friends hope to share some recipes. Eskort pork sausages are still the best." :lol:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jun 29, 2011 05:24

Hey Maz,
Do you mean I was wrong about the fish climbin' rocks and trees? :wink:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jul 03, 2011 22:50

A big welcome to our newest member Robin of Derby, UK. Hey Robin, did you know that people first visited Derbyshire more than 200,000 years ago? How do we know that? A hand axe was found near Hopton, dating back to the middle Paleolithic (Acheulian) period. I wondered where I laid that thing! :shock: Huh?
Welcome aboard Robin.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Welcome aboard

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 08:32

Welcome aboard francis, our newest member! Northern Saskatchewan just HAS to be a place full of fishin` holes eh? And I`ll just bet the ol` thermometer dips down out of sight in about 10 months of the year eh? We`re glad to have you join us francis!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jul 10, 2011 05:32

Welcome aboard Bubba! Our newest member is from South Carolina. Hey... Go, Clemson Tigers! Eh? We`re glad to have you join us Bubba!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Sun Jul 10, 2011 13:21

Chuckwagon wrote:Welcome aboard Bubba! Our newest member is from South Carolina. Hey... Go, Clemson Tigers! Eh? We`re glad to have you join us Bubba!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Thank you Chuckwagon, haha it's a combo of Clemson and Gamecocks. Everyone at work supports the GA Dogs, I'm the only oddball.

I expanded some about myself in the topic "Care To Share How You Got Your Handle?", and as said there I look forward to reading a lot, also learning and sharing.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Jul 11, 2011 00:14

Hi Ron, I know the Gamecocks pack in about 85,000 spectators at the home games.
Sheeesh! You have more folks at a game than we have in our city... almost. What wonderful support you have! But with that kind of dedication, it`s a shame that South Carolina has no major or pro fanchise of the NFL, NBA, NHL, or my favorite... the MLB. Albeit, I know you have a Triple A team just across the border in Charlotte. No? I`ve read that folks seem to think that N. Carolina`s Hurricanes in Raleigh, and the Panthers in Charlotte, represent both states. Is that true? The problem we have in my state is that we can't pass a football from horseback, and they won't allow shod ponies on the basketball gym floor. Oh, I tried baseball when I was young, but couldn't run the bases in cowboy boots! :shock:
Hmmm, do you think those folks in NORTH Carolina can make a sausage? :wink:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Mon Jul 11, 2011 02:04

Chuckwagon wrote: The problem we have in my state is that we can't pass a football from horseback, and they won't allow shod ponies on the basketball gym floor. Oh, I tried baseball when I was young, but couldn't run the bases in cowboy boots! :shock:
Hmmm, do you think those folks in NORTH Carolina can make a sausage? :wink:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
:mrgreen: That's funny!

As far as fan base, I have never paid attention to the support given from here to the Panthers or Hurricanes during NFL, NBA etc. Although I do see a very wide variety of support for other major teams, judging by car banners etc.
I live just outside a beautiful city called Aiken, it`s about 1 hour SW of Columbia, SC. Over the past 3 years we have seen a major influx of families relocating from most States to Aiken / Augusta and they mostly work at the SRS -Mox facility. Some even across the Savannah River at Plant Vogtle. They have hired a lot of people, and with that comes a very broad and rich mix of traditions brought along, as in this mention Team support.
Then along with that Aiken is also well known for it's Equestrian established community, but I believe they also do not pass a football from horseback, not even at the Steeplechase. :lol: A lot of Equestrian families from up North only live here for the winter.
Most of my friends are die-hard Gamecocks, my Barber even has a Gc logo imprinted onto his floor! They own RV's, Campers or Hotel preferential reservations, either way they will not, never, miss a game, no matter where their team plays.
I have a "list" of friends that one dare not call when the Gc's loose a game. The whole household is in mourning for a few days.
I don't take it that seriously, it's just a good game, win or loose.
And yes I also enjoy watching a good game of Rugby and Cricket!

On a last note I see there is also one other South African on the Forum, Maz, and Stoney from Namibia.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jul 13, 2011 00:02

Here`s a big ol` welcome aboard to another one of our British fellows! Brian57 is in Wigan, Lancashire. We`re glad to have you join our forum and hope to see lots of posts. Again, welcome aboard!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jul 20, 2011 23:52

Welcome aboard to our newest member shaggy1984 in Vienna, Austria. Hey sausage grinders... did you know that in two separate studies in three different years, the city of Vienna was ranked as the city having the highest quality of life (in a tie with Vancouver in Canada? Yup pards, it`s true. And that`s not all folks... some people believe that "Wien" is where all this sausage making business began in the first place! Again, welcome aboard shaggy1984!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
jamesjesica

Post by jamesjesica » Thu Jul 21, 2011 09:10

Hello to all. I am James and very new in this forum. I am here to get some information about this forum. Hope you all will cooperate with me. Thanks.