Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Aug 10, 2011 06:16

Welcome aboard iriesteve from Port Of Spain, Trinidad. What took you so long to join us? Hey iriesteve, I`ve got a theory... You only need two tools in life. They are WD-40 spray lubricant and duct tape. If it doesn`t move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn`t move and does, use the duct tape. Nice to have you with us iriesteve!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
vagreys
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by vagreys » Thu Aug 11, 2011 00:07

Hi folks. I'm new here. Been making fresh sausages for awhile. Just starting out on making emulsion sausages. Hope to have things setup to cold smoke and dry cure by next year. Glad to be here and looking forward to learning from you all.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 11, 2011 00:53

Hey, hey! Another member joining us from the English sausage site. Welcome aboard vagreys from Virginia. Alright, all you sharp sausage makers... see if you know this one: Name the world`s largest office building. Hint: It`s in vagreys back yard! (Tom, you may NOT take part in this riddle! :wink:) The winner gets a free fishin` license for the Great Salt Lake. :shock: Nice to have you with us Tom.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Thu Aug 11, 2011 02:36, edited 2 times in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 01:21

Department of Defense :mrgreen:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 11, 2011 02:34

Close, close, close!
But NO CIGAR for Uwanna! :roll:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Aug 11, 2011 02:42

pentagon.
Ross- tightwad home cook
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 02:48

Pentagon :arrow: Which is the Department of Defense :lol: Now give my free fishin` license :razz:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Aug 11, 2011 04:28

DoD is not a building.The pentagon in a building.
Now another question what is the single greatest cause of global warming in Washington DC? Ans. Congress.;)
Ross- tightwad home cook
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 14:33

Ross
Its my fishing lincence :evil: :wink:
Now another question what is the single greatest cause of global warming in Washington DC? Ans. Congress.;)
Natural gas :mrgreen:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 11, 2011 21:28

Boys, boys, boys! Let's not squabble over a fishing license! There, there, now... I'll simply tear it in half and give each of you a piece of the prize. Ross can fish the south end, Uwanna can fish the north. Me? I'm going to find some shade and barbecue one of those wild Utah blue-billed skiing ducks! :roll:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon

P.S. Ross's riddle... Congressional hot air!
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 21:44

Ross
Grab yer fish'n stick we are goin to Utah :grin:
P.S. Ross's riddle... Congressional hot air!
Ditto on that :roll:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 11, 2011 21:54

Fishing sticks? Fishing poles? Naw... We simply use Utah County "Spinners". They are about 8" long and 1-1/2" in diameter. We just light the fuse, toss them out of the canoe, and paddle like hell! :shock:
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 22:24

CW
Hold on partner, here in Vemont we call`em fish`n sticks. Takes only two too light the stick, one to hold, light and toss, the other holds the beer. Never mind paddling, the fella that`s toss`n has a golden arm :mrgreen:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:11

Ok gang, I`ve got a question for you. If you were given the master copies of the film classics, "The Wizard Of Oz", "Gone With The Wind", and "Star Wars", where would you store the irreplaceable items so future generations would have access to them without having the negative effects (no pun intended) and ravages of time destroy the originals? In a salt mine of course! Deep inside a Kansas salt mine in Hutchinson... you know - the place our newest member hangs his hat. Welcome aboard W1sby. We`re happy to have you join us. Now, everyone knows that Dorothy was transported to the Land Of Oz when a Kansas twister introduced her and Toto to the Tinman, Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion! Yup, and just west of Hutchinson is the town of Liberal - where visitors may view a perfect replica of Dorothy`s house, Oz, and of course... the Yellow Brick Road! Say, I wonder what kind of sausage the Wicked Witch Of The West preferred. Was it Minced Munchkin? Nice to have you with us W1sby!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
w1sby
Beginner
Beginner

Post by w1sby » Tue Aug 16, 2011 22:43

Chuckwagon wrote: Say, I wonder what kind of sausage the Wicked Witch Of The West preferred. Was it Minced Munchkin? Nice to have you with us W1sby!
Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
I suspect it was Flying Monkey Mysliwska :twisted:

I'm impressed, you really did your homework!

I've not made any sausages yet, I am in the research phase at this point. I do smoke meats quite often with great success (by my measure). Sausage making has been in the back of my mind for quite some time, and I decided recently to act upon the desire to do so.

Other hobbies include fishing and Amateur (Ham) Radio. My user name W1SBY is my call sign.

In my professional life I am an application engineer for a building automation / temperature controls company. In short I do the programming and graphics for the systems we install. The company also does security/access controls which I program as well. It keeps me out of trouble.

Again, thanks for the welcome!

Allen