Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Paulski

Post by Paulski » Tue Dec 13, 2011 19:04

Chuckwagon,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I think I found the right place for like minded folks to share ideas around grindin', stuffin' and curin'. Looking forward to exploring this place, sooo much info.

Paulski
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 09:25

Yup wranglers! Truth is stranger than fiction. In 1950, the host of a television game show offered to air the first show from any town in the USA willing to change its name to that of his new show. The city of Hot Springs, New Mexico took host Ralph Edwards up on his offer and changed the name of the town to Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico. Today, the population is over seven thousand folks and they refer to their town as "T or C". We want to welcome a new member from "Great Southwest" (Albuquerque) New Mexico and his handle is Gringo Loco. For those of you who do not speak Spanish, the handle means "crazy white man". Welcome aboard Gringo Loco. Make yourself at home.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Sat Dec 17, 2011 06:01, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Dec 14, 2011 15:18

Is TorC new Mexico where they invented that screw driver shape?
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Dec 17, 2011 06:00

What do cottonwood trees, Amelia Earhart, 1861, and sunflowers have in common? Here`s a hint: Years ago, it was illegal to serve ice cream on cherry pie in this state! No kidding. :shock: Here`s another hint. It`s the state in which our latest member greenstone resides! Welcome to Wedliny Domowe `greenstone` in Kansas.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Dec 17, 2011 06:15

My brother lives in Kansas. Some of those people are nuts including my brother. ;)
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 06:08

Welcome aboard Keymaster in Washington state. Did you know that Seattle has twice as many college graduates as any other state? Yup pards, it`s true! Hey Keymaster, would you answer a question for me? Do you think Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks? We`re happy to have you with us Keymaster.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:04

Howdy and welcome aboard Krakowska in Florida. Want to hear something wild? At 874.3 square miles, Jacksonville is the U.S.'s largest city. We`re glad to have you with us Krakowska. Toss yer` rig over by that fence and join us for a hot cup of brown gargle `round the campfire.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:33

Chuckwagon wrote:Welcome aboard Keymaster in Washington state. Did you know that Seattle has twice as many college graduates as any other state? Yup pards, it`s true! Hey Keymaster, would you answer a question for me? Do you think Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks? We`re happy to have you with us Keymaster.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Thanks for the warm welcome Chuckwagon!! I would have to say the staff at Lipton takes coffee breaks or Onion soup Breaks :wink: I do know that I was marched out of a coke plant for having a pepsi in my lunch box, I was allowed to return after I got the pepsi can off there property to finish building a walk in cooler.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:21

Welcome aboard jasonmolinari in Atlanta. Put your puddin` foot in the corral and grab yer` eatin` irons & "reloadin` outfit"! Time to grab a root with the boodle!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Sun Dec 25, 2011 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Dec 25, 2011 14:58

Welcome aboard el Ducko in Texas. Are you a wrangler and if so, can you toss a Hoolihan loop? Hey el Ducko, do you think if a cow laughed, she would spew milk out of her nose? Well Ducko, today is Christmas so I`m going to pass this bit of saddlebum wisdom onto you. I believe there are...
FOUR STAGES OF LIFE:
1) When you believe in Santa Claus.
2) When you don't believe in Santa Claus.
3) When you are Santa Claus.
4) When you look like Santa Claus.

Merry Christmas
Chuckwagon
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Dec 25, 2011 22:15

El Ducko, If Chuckwagon tells you something you can take it to the bank. I have pictures to prove it. My fifty year old son was fishing on Lake Champlain and about fifty feet away he heard a little girl ask her dad if that was santa Claus over there. I guess you have to decide but I believe. Image
Ross- tightwad home cook
tooth
Beginner
Beginner

New to site, Hi! from Illinois

Post by tooth » Tue Dec 27, 2011 20:43

Hi Everyone,
I just stumbled across your site last night as I was looking up grinders stuffers and such since I received a new grinder for Christmas.

I'm excited to try out my new LEM grinder (I'm going to start a post about that later too), since my first 2 batches of sausage were done on a Kitchenaid. Both times I was very impressed with the quality of sausage, but it was painful to spend an entire weekend cutting meat, grinding, and stuffing just for 30 lbs of sausage. Looking forward to the upgrade to make higher quality sausage along with the ability to do it faster. Also looking forward to getting into curing since my lovely wife just bought me a smoker for Christmas too!

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and thank all the great members for the wealth of info. Hopefully I will be able to contribute advice in the future to new homemade sausage makers after I get better at it.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Dec 27, 2011 21:27

Hi Tooth in Illinois! We`re glad you`ve decided to join us. It sounds like you are off to a good start. Pretty soon you`ll be a legend in your neighborhood and everyone will be over to your house trying to mooch great sausages from you. I once heard a great man say, "People are most happy when they are creating something". It is true and creating new and different sausages is a real challenge. The best part is you get to eat your new hobby.
You wrote:
Looking forward to the upgrade to make higher quality sausage along with the ability to do it faster.
Once you invest in a vertical, hand-cranked, stuffer, you`ll find that the process is very much less time consuming and more enjoyable. Be sure to yell out if you need help from any of your fellow-members. There are several here with lots of experience and willingness to share their knowledge. Welcome aboard Tooth.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Dec 29, 2011 07:40

Welcome aboard to three new members today! First, there`s Mike in Chicago, then sam3 in New Jersey, and finally, Ernie Pomatto in Apollo, Pennsylvania.
Howdy new buckaroos! Holster them lead pushers and forget about slappin` leather! Don`t absquatulate yet! I`m opined to believe you should grab yer` eatin` irons and mosey on down to the crumb castle for some fixins! We`ve got swamp seed and whistle berries a-ready on the fire. But I`m of the notion you fellers really ought to take the can openers offa` yer` boots before you squat down around the ol` campfire! :shock:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
sam3
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sam3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:35

Hi Gang. Nice board here with alot of good info. I'll get some pics up of a recent Keilbasa batch I made just before Christmas.

Sam