Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Mar 18, 2011 03:43

Another member to our growing forum! Welcome aboard StrictlySujukh from Los Angeles, California. Are you wearing green today for St. Patrick? What's in the smoker tonight Sujukh? :wink: We're happy to have you join us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Mar 24, 2011 05:43

Ok sausage makers! How many of you can tell me where the word "Mississippi" came from? And what is the state's abbreviation? You didn't know there would be a quiz tonight eh? Well, the state's name is actually taken from the Ojibwe Indian word misi-ziibi which means "great river".
Hey meat grinders, we want to welcome a new member to our forum. His name is widetrackman and he hails from Ms. Yup, that is Mississippi. We're glad to have you here widetrackman. Welcome aboard!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 06:40

A warm welcome to Brewmaster from Connecticut. Welcome aboard! Our latest member has already posted a great question about ammonia development during the curing phase of fermented sausage. Nice to have you here brewmaster. With a handle like that, Tacklebox will be contacting you shortly! :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Thu Mar 31, 2011 06:54

Welcome Brewmaster! Who could possibly be a better fit on a sausage making forum?
Of course, a Breadmaking thread could complete the trifecta.

Please be sure to visit: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=4965

:mrgreen:
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 05:03

Hi jbk101 from Versailles, Indiana.
Welcome aboard! We're glad to see you here and I hope the fine folks here may help you along the way as you discover how much fun you can have making your own sausage. You can also save a bundle of money!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
jbk101
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jbk101 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 19:20

Chuckwagon,
Thanks and glad to be here :mrgreen: Looking forward to picking everyones brains :twisted: and learn as much as I can from everyone. I just got done reading about the Jerky Cure question and amazed at the detailed response and information presented WOW! Now I have to rethink my Jerky making process.
Happy to have found so many new friends
John
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 22:50

Another intelligent, insightful, clever, and bright member! How do I know that? Well, he's chosen to join US hasn't he? :cool: Welcome aboard Brewoz from Graham, Washington. Hmmm... something tells me that you craft a bit of suds too eh? Well, how soon can you receive company? :lol: Nice to have you here Brewoz. Sure would like to know how you got that handle. :wink:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Thu Apr 07, 2011 04:54

Welome Brewoz!
We look forward to your participation in our fun house. :grin:
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Apr 07, 2011 07:05

Welcome aboard to bohaun from Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Bohaun and I go way back... about 3 days! He "scoped out" our WD site before joining and asked me a few questions. Let me tell you folks, bohaun is an experienced dry-curing sausage maker and knows the ropes. It's nice to have you here Bo. Lots of nice folks on the site.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Thu Apr 07, 2011 07:22

Hey bohaun!

Welcome! We can use all kinds of advice on dry curing. Please share your experience with us.
:mrgreen:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Apr 07, 2011 08:29

Oooops...
I misspelled Bo's name. It is bohahn. Sorry about that Bo. :oops:
Gosh, I remember making a mistake once before in my life... but that was once when I thought I was wrong! :shock:

Rockchuck Wagonchuck
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 04:40

And another welcome to merlinguaro in Barquisimeto, Venezuela - the capital city of the State of Lara. Wow, this gorgeous city of about a million and a half people was founded in 1552 but is a beautiful, modern city with several universities and institutions of higher learning. We`re glad to have you with us merlinguaro. We`re looking forward to chatting with you.
Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Apr 12, 2011 23:43

Hello and a warm welcome to another member. Story28 is from New York and has plans to become a professional, specializing in dry-cured sausages. Welcome aboard Jason. We're very happy to have you join us. Looking forward to chatting often with you.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Welcome aboard!

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Apr 15, 2011 00:06

Hi DiggingDigFarm from New York! Welcome aboard! Unusual handle sir! How about tellin' us how you came up with that one. We're looking forward to chattin' with you. Nice to have you here! :smile:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Fri Apr 15, 2011 00:35

Welcome to all the new members. Come on in, don't be shy. I remember my first post and how difficult it was to even introduce myself. :shock:
I was, (still am) a stone cold rookie but the moderators and members here have been very cordial and helpful. Jeez, we even got old Chuckwagon out from under the bed. Now he appears to be quite normal but don't be deceived. His knowledge of sausage making is legendary, we're not too sure about the rest. (He tends to tell tall tales.) :mrgreen:

Remember there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. :idea: