Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 07:07

Howdy folks! How about a big welcome for our newest member - a little lady ridin` into the WD camp all the way from San Antonio, Texas. Welcome buddyberg. One of these gentlemen waddies will put up your tack and brush out that ol' broomtail snuffy you're a ridin', while you find some Arbuckle`s `round the ol` campfire. Later on there will be ribs n` sauce to think about, so be sure to fetch some reloadin` tools. It`s nice to have you with us buddyberg. Make yourself at home. Oh, one more thing... did you know that San Antonio is the "most visited" city in all of Texas? Yup, it may be because of the Alamo, but I suspect it has a lot to do with the nice folks there too! :wink:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 07:33

Welcome aboard, Alberto Ricardo in Novo Hamburgo, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. We`re glad to see you and hope you like WD... the "greatest site on earth"! Hey Alberto, I`ve got a couple of questions maybe you could answer for me. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty. How come you can wear them forever? And how come a cat has 4 rows of whiskers? And why can a snail sleep for 3 years and we can`t? :roll:
Make yourself at home Alberto! You are among friends here.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Sep 15, 2012 02:52

Welcome to Wedliny Domowe "wilburgsmith" in the USA. Ya know, a friend once asked me if I had a hard time making up my mind. I said, "Well, yes and no". Hey wilburg, maybe you could answer a question or two for me. How do people know when they run out of invisible ink? And if I were traveling on a jet moving at the speed of light, and I walked from the back of the plane to the cockpit, would I have traveled faster than the speed of light? Hmmm... I`ll bet El Ducko stays up all night figuring that one out. :shock: Hey wilburgsmith... you`re going to like this place!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Sep 16, 2012 04:21

Howdy folks! Let`s welcome two new members today. They are both from beautiful British Columbia. First up is CRussel in Sunshine Coast, BC and then a nice lady named Mysticl in Comox, BC. We`re glad to have you folks with us at the greatest website on earth - Wedliny Domowe!

Hey new folks, wasn`t it Benjamin Franklin who said, "A penny saved is a penny earned"? Geeeeeze! What did he know? I say, "A penny saved is... not a heck of a lot. And I also believe, "A penny saved is... a government oversight!"
Make yourselves at home folks. You`re among friends. Pour yourselves a cup and join us `round the ol` campfire.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Sep 17, 2012 09:28

Howdy jonskorepa in San Diego, California! Welcome to Wedliny Domowe, the greatest sausage making site in the galaxy! Hey Jon, I`ve got some great "Saddlebum`s Western Advice" for you. Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. However, if you do happen to argue with an idiot, you can always say, "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong".
Jonskorepa, it nice to have you with us. Make yourself at home and pour a cup of brown gargle, sit a spell round the ol` campfire, then grind up some sausage!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 22:40

Welcome to Wedliny Domowe valeslavov in Ruse, Bulgaria. We`re glad to have you with us. Hey valeslavov, the newscaster on television has me confused. The "Evening News" is where they begin with 'Good evening', and then proceed to tell you why it isn't. :???: :neutral: Now, what's that all about?
Pull a log up to the campfire and stay awhile valeslavov. You`re among friends here. Welcome.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Sep 20, 2012 04:25

We`ve got two new buckaroos with us at the WD Ranch! Broken857 is from New York and Casey is from Florida. You boys look mighty familiar. Oh, I know where I`ve seen you! On the wanted posters in the Post Office! That`s okay wranglers, we`ll cover for you. Hey boys, I`ve got some good ol` "Saddlebum Western Horse Sense" for you. "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat like hell if necessary." :mrgreen: Welcome to Wedliny Domowe boys! It`s nice to have you with us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
angelwannaB
Beginner
Beginner

Post by angelwannaB » Fri Sep 21, 2012 07:51

Howdy everyone, wanted to stop by and meet and greet everyone. This definitely is a nice forum with lots of great info and ideas.

Chuck you pulled the motions right outta me, I really do love WV, it's been home to me for 36 years now. Thx for making me feel at home here you are a sweet cowboy. I love the stories I've been indulging in, such fine ppl hang out here I look forward to getting to know you all...

Btw I ordered me another grinder, LEM. .35 hp #8 with the Big Bite auger. Watched a couple YouTube reviews and I figure it should be tuff enuff for my new hobby, it has to be better than my KA grinder :lol:

Anyways, nice meeting y'all and I'll let ya know how my 2nd try turns out...ohhh I am a newbie. :wink:
Just passin thru ....
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Sep 22, 2012 05:40

Yikes! That "big bite auger" is impressive. I'm glad you'll have a good machine like that. It will make sausage-making much more enjoyable. I hope you've got a 10 lb. vertical, hand-cranked stuffer. As a very young boy, I had only a curved, horn-type stuffer and it took 2 men and a boy to pull the lever handle down. My language became very colorful at that time and there are still patchy dark clouds of bad language hovering over and lurking above the ol' ranch house. My ol' pappy had to scrub my mouth out with soap and a curry-comb! :shock:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Sep 27, 2012 03:51

Hey, hey folks! We`ve got to new members joining us at WD. First there`s unreel in Alaska and then there`s huckleberry in Arkansas. Both you fellas look pretty smart! On the other hand, I just learned that you're never too old to learn something stupid. For instance, to be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit, "the target". Now, see there... the difference between being stupid vs smart, is there is a limit how smart one can become. :roll:
Welcome aboard boys! It`s mighty nice to have you folks with us. Pull up some shade and join us `round the ol` campfire later on for some wild story tellin`. `Round these parts it`s called, "kickin` up corral dust"!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Sep 27, 2012 04:03

I used to shoot at the barn and then put neat chalk circles around each bullet hole.
Ross- tightwad home cook
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Fri Sep 28, 2012 05:30

ssorllih wrote:I used to shoot at the barn and then put neat chalk circles around each bullet hole.
Yeah. Know what ya mean. With my army "basic weapon" .45 pistol, I used to shoot, then go outside the barn, grab a ladder, climb all over, and circle the holes with chalk. STILL couldn't hit anything. :mrgreen: (saved a lot of chalk, though. :lol: )

I figgered the bang and the wild ricochet would scare any bad guys in the area, and if they got really close I could throw it at 'em. :cool:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 22:33

Hey, hey, hey!There`s a mystery man called vikashshinge from India and his `tickular greenhorn sidekick known to all as Rolfhilde from Ljungby, Sweden. Welcome to Wedliny Domowe gentlemen! Welcome aboard, indeed.

You boys look like you`ve been `rid hard and put away wet"! Scrape off some dust and join us `round the ol` campfire for some hot Arbuckle`s brown gargle - strong enough to "float a Colt"! Later on, there`s BBQ`d brisket with Rusty Spur Sauce and mashed `taters with corn on the cob! Apple pie fer` dessert too! :razz:

Perhaps you fellars could answer a question for me. What happens if you get scared half to death twice? :roll:

It`s nice to have you boys with us!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Oct 01, 2012 22:52

Then yer three quarters daid.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Oct 03, 2012 23:25

Yeeee Haaaawww! Two new wranglers sidlin` into camp forked on a couple of hayburners if I ever saw `em! Welcome to the WD brand boys! Say, haven`t we seen you `round these parts before? Are you the dudes who held up the stage to Tucson? Don`t worry fellas, we don`t talk... if you help wash dishes! From Noord, Holland is bassie, a charcutier extraordinaire` and his sidekick orf in Pennsylvania. Glad to see you here boys! Join us `round the campfire for some of casey's and ajwillsnet's awful coffee... I mean... awesome coffee... oops! :oops: And later on, Uwanna is going to grill stuffed pork chops! Interested? :razz:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon

PS... by the way, to make a knockout glaze for pork chops, simply stir together and slightly heat:

1 tblspn prepared mustard
1 tblspn honey
1 tblspn apricot jam
1/2 tspn. vinegar

Wow! :mrgreen: