Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
HawgHeaven

Howdy from sunny Dullaware!!

Post by HawgHeaven » Fri Jan 04, 2013 00:03

Hi everyone, I'm Phil, also known as Poppy, or Pop-Pop Phil, or P3. I just found out about this site from another newbie here, Cheryl (Squirrel). Thanks Cheryl! I am also a member over at Smoked-Meat.com... a great bunch of folks over there.

Yes, I am a bloody novice at sausage making, but have been grilling and BBQing for more years than I'd like to say. I have my own BBQ catering biz (my retirement project), and came to realize it is time to step it up a bit and learn this sausage making art.

However, being the sausage novice that I am, I still managed to have successfully accomplished buying the proper equipment I need for this new task, and have also successfully accomplished making hamburger in an intestine... It started out as an attempt at brats. Oh boy did that go wrong.

Sorry. It wasn't very good...

Sooo, I am looking forward to learning some new skills here, and looking forward to sharing my mistakes! :mrgreen:

Happy New Year to all!!
Poppy
Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Jan 04, 2013 00:25

Hi Phil and welcome. These are two very good places to start while you are here:
http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=5146
and this one from our moderators: http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage-making
Last edited by ssorllih on Fri Jan 04, 2013 09:31, edited 2 times in total.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 13:31

Hey wranglers!
Do you know which state has the fewest counties in it? Yup, only three of them. Here`s a hint. It was the first state to ratify the United States constitution thus becoming the first state in the Union. As such, it is, accorded the first position in such national events as presidential inaugurations. Yes, it`s the great state of Delaware - where our latest member resides. Welcome aboard HawgHeaven. It`s nice to have you with us.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
HawgHeaven

Post by HawgHeaven » Fri Jan 04, 2013 15:07

Chuckwagon wrote:Hey wranglers!
Do you know which state has the fewest counties in it? Yup, only three of them. Here`s a hint. It was the first state to ratify the United States constitution thus becoming the first state in the Union. As such, it is, accorded the first position in such national events as presidential inaugurations. Yes, it`s the great state of Delaware - where our latest member resides. Welcome aboard HawgHeaven. It`s nice to have you with us.
Thanks!

True, there are only 3 counties in Dullaware... New Castle, Kent, and Sussex. It has been reported that there are two types of folks that live in Dullaware... those that live in Sussex county, and those that want to.

BTW, Sussex is the seashore/beach/fun-in-the-sun part of the state...
Poppy
Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Jan 04, 2013 18:16

We are starting to build a pretty good east coast delegation here. We may be able to plan a meet up in one of the state parks.
Ross- tightwad home cook
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Curing chambers

Post by crustyo44 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 09:41

Hi Members,
We have now a new member from Perth, a good friend of mine, who is good at converting wine fridges into curing chambers.
I emailed him to post his pictures on the forum for all to see.
He has been a keen sausage maker, smoker, curer etc of all sorts of goodies for many years.
Welcome to the forum Steve. You like the mateship and help available.
Jan.
Brisbane.
crustyo44
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:59

:roll: I keep missing my ex-wife. But my aim is getting better every day! :mrgreen: Geeeze, I can still remember her last words... " I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you!"

Yippee Yi Yo Cowboys! We`ve got three new members today. Welcome to WD "tazplas" in Perth, Australia, "jaga59" in Poland, and "Twebb" in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We`re happy to see you folks! Pulll up some campfire and warm your toes. Pour yourselves a cup of Arbuckle`s and "set a spell". You`re going to like this place.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Tue Jan 08, 2013 08:14, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
tazplas
User
User

Post by tazplas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 15:11

Thanks Guys
Looking forward to it all.
Too many things to do.
Curing meats which include makin' bacon, ham & coppa using Plantangenet Free Range pork (http://www.plantagenetpork.com.au - no affiliation to me), Black Angus bresaola (ask Crustyo44, i sent him some), & cold smoked/cured Tasmania Atlantic Salmon.
Then there's the cheese and bread as well.
No time for everything but i will try.

Cheers

Steve
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Jan 07, 2013 17:47

Steve , Welcome ! I believe that you will fit right in.
Ross- tightwad home cook
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Mon Jan 07, 2013 22:57

Looking forward to this!

Welcome aboard, when you see it! :mrgreen:

Charlie
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 08:13

What`s all the dust on the ridge? Ahhh, three new members on the gallop, heading into the WD camp. Welcome aboard Smokey from Wisconsin, kurtm from Illinois, and Tommix from California. Shake off the dust and put away yer` ponies. Join us for barbecued brisket, `taters n` gravy, and western baked beans.

I`ve come to learn that one is never too old to learn something stupid! For instance, "Never, and I mean never, ever... take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night."

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 01:07

Welcome aboard "linakhan988" in California. What took you so long to find us? :roll:
Hey linakhan, are you ready for tax time. Yup, it`s right around the corner. Did you ever notice that when you put the two words 'The' and 'IRS' together, it spells ...'THEIRS'? Wow, those folks have no sense of humor whatsoever! It kind of reminds you that "a penny saved is"... not a heck of a lot! Or... "a penny saved is"... a government oversight!
It`s nice to have you with us linakhan.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 07:19

Hey Gang! Isn`t it about time for some ""Really, Really, Strange But True!"? If you can answer all seven questions correctly, then you are genius. The answers are below, at the end of this post.
1. In proportion to their weight, which is stronger, men or horses?
2. Before 1796, what was the state of Tennessee called?
3. Which is larger, Florida or England?
4. Which contains more sugar, a pound of lemons or a pound of strawberries?
5. What is the only mammal that cannot jump?
6. What animal has a 21 inch long tongue with which it cleans its ears?
7. What is the only food that doesn`t spoil?

Let`s welcome five new folks to this forum today! Yeee Haaww! Welcome aboard "kem5020" in Indiana, "GusRobin" in Alabama, "johny3329" in Belize, "s@usage" in South Africa, and "Rockyshorses" in central New York. Make yourselves at home fellas, and join in the chat. Pull up some campfire and pour yourselves a cup of grown gargle. It`s nice to have you with us. Did anyone get all seven questions? Here are the answers: men, Franklin, Florida, lemons, elephant, giraffe, honey

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 02:30

Brrrrr. It`s cold outside. Forty-three below zero! I stepped out just to have a looksee and saw my horse galloping by. Just as he got near Comanche Cliff (over the river), I yelled at him to stop. "Whoa", I screamed! But that ol` hayburner just didn`t hear my words! You see, my words just froze in the January cold. At forty-three below zero, words sometimes do just that... freeze in mid-air. Well, my ol` hoss "Lead Bucket" didn`t hear the frozen "Whoa" and jumped over the cliff! Now, he`s frozen out there in mid-air also! Oh, it will gradually thaw and let him down easily by Spring, but I need him back at the ranch, so I`ll have to go lassooo the ol` snot and pull him back to the terra firma! Wish he`d settle down a bit! :roll:

Hey folks, we`ve got two new members. There`s "just smoking" in Perth, Australia, and "Cranky" in Ontario, Canada. Welcome to the WD ranch boys. You`re going to like this place. Hang yer` hats and chaps, then join us at the kitchen stove tonight! It`s a bit chilly to be out - even around the ol` campfire.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:28

We have four new members who need a proper welcome. YeeeeHawww! Welcome to the WD outfit. First there`s spataro from Budapest, and Brett from South-Burnett, Queensland. Next is sausagemaneric from Prundale, California, followed by cat797 from central Illinois. Gosh, what a good-lookin` group of folks! And smart too. How do I know they are smart? Well, they joined Wedliny Domowe didn`t they?

Pull up some campfire and pour yourselves some brown gargle. Folks, I`d like to give you some, Seasoned Saddlebum`s "Sage Advice". Never, never run downstairs with yer` spurs on!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon