Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sat May 31, 2014 05:47

Hey, Chuckwagon- - just ignore that group of folks massing on your eastern border. (...or a bit farther south and east. Lemme check my jogger fee book a sec.)

Nothing to worry about. Nosiree. Us Texans are a peaceable bunch, mostly. We're just... uh... discussing sausages. Yeah, that's it. And as for the concealed handguns, don't worry 'bout that bidness either. There's a licensing program designed just for cases like yours. ...uh...like this.

Now, if you'll just ease a bit of that kabanosy over here, maybe a little summer sausage and some jerky and the like, we'll calm down for a bit.

...or not.
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat May 31, 2014 10:10

OOOOOOoooooo you danged Duk! You wrote:
just ignore that group of folks massing on your eastern border.
Now, listen up quackbeak! If you want to threaten me, you're going to have to wait in line! :roll: (or something like that...)
I know everyone's heard of a "ringneck" pheasant... but I wonder if these folks have ever heard of ringing the neck of a DUK? :shock:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jun 08, 2014 03:55

Yeee Hawww! Another wrangler ridin` fer` the WD brand! Welcome "mwmac" in Idaho. Say, did you ever stand on a mountain and look into four states? Yup, you can see into four states at the Heaven's Gate Lookout in Idaho`s Seven Devils' Peaks. And pards, if you want to have some real fun, check out the National Old Time Fiddlers Contest in Weiser, Idaho. Idaho is breathtaking! Forgive me for getting carried away. My ol` truck once broke down in Wallace and I spent a night there. I`m going back and break down again... for a week this time!
Now wranglers... have you ever wondered where the Appaloosa horse came from? The Kamiah Valley - home of the legendary Nez Perce. It was here, among the ancestors of the present day Nez Perce, the Appaloosa horse was first bred, primarily for use as a war animal. Well, "wmac", pour some Arbuckle`s and find a log to sit on around the campfire. We`re glad to have you with us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 07:17

Say there pards, isn`t it just about time for some, "Really, Really, Strange But True!" ? :roll: This is particularly, peculiar, poppycock you probably just couldn`t live without! :roll:

In November 1806, the famed explorer, U.S. Army Captain Zebulon Pike, announced that he would take a few men, climb the mountain peak he could see in the distance, and be back before dinner. Three days later, the men stumbled back into camp having failed to climb "Pike`s Peak" because of waist-deep snow. They hadn`t eaten for two days.

Two more intelligent and good-looking members are joining us today! There`s "Gus" in Florida, and "vietinis" in New York. Now both these men have the look of desperadoes you just don`t want to mess with! Notice the cold, staring eyes, squinting from the sun... and the hog-leg holsters worn tied down and slung low! Wow! Tough guys eh? Welcome to the WD brand boys! Mosey on down to the campfire and pour yourselves a cup of hot river water!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:46

Yeee Haww! Two more wranglers throwin` their irons in our fire. Welcome aboard Harold8989 in Oregon and BBQ Brian in Summerville, South Carolina. It`s nice to have you boys ridin` with the WD brand. Say, how much do you know about Old West "Lingo"? See if you can identify the words below. (Choose A, B, or C.)

1. Shaver
(a.) a child
(b.) an effeminate man
(c.) someone who is nosey

2. Owl Hoot
(a.) a prostitute
(b.) an outlaw
(c.) a squatter who settled on government land

3. Too much mustard
(a.) bragging
(b.) too much to drink
(c.) too large a caliber bullet

4. Bobtail
(a.) horse`s trimmed tail
(b.) western haircut
(c.) The first cowboy guarding the cattle at night.

5. Pie Eater
(a.) novice cowhand
(b.) country boy
(c.) a cook

Here are the answers: 1.a 2.b 3.a 4.c 5.a
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jun 21, 2014 07:21

Hey! :mrgreen: Did anyone get all 5 answers correct? If you did, you've won a prize - a season pass for swimming in the Great Salt Lake! Join Ross and Wally in the same canoe, paddling in different directions! :roll: Now, that's a sight. :lol:

Yikes! Imagine being surrounded by water... Lake Erie on the south, Lake Ontario on the east, Lake Huron and the Georgian Bay on the north, and Lake Michigan on the west! Our latest member Hugestapedius lives in Woodstock, Ontario! We`ve got a question Hugestapedius... today is the first day of summer... have you folks thawed out yet from that vicious winter you just had? Every time I turned on the news, you folks were getting bombed with another snow storm and the temperature drop waaaayyy below zero. Gosh Huge, I`ll bet you folks celebrate summer this year eh? If I were the mayor of Woodstock, I`d declare this first day of summer as "Woodstock Day" and have a parade, floats, queen, bands, and lots of sun-worshipping! It would be mandatory that all females had to wear bikinis and use plenty of Coppertone! And of course, there would be free brats n` suds for everyone! Hey, hey, hey... Chuckwagon for Mayor of Woodstock! Chuckwagon for Mayor of Woodstock! :mrgreen:

Hey Huge, please let us know how that bacon project of yours turns out. It`s not just that enquiring minds want to know, but now we`ve got a vested interest in your bacon ourselves! Good luck pal. Welcome aboard.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:06

Germs only cause disease, right? But E. Coli, (Escherichia coli), a Gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic common bacterium found in the intestine, helps us digest green vegetables and beans (also making gases - pee-ew!) :roll: . These same bacteria also make vitamin K, which causes blood to clot. If we didn`t have these germs we would bleed to death whenever we got a small cut! But then, all we`d have to do is "cuddle"! :shock: WHAT? You see... cuddling releases oxytocin which helps speed healing and recovery from physical wounds.

Welcome to Wedliny Domowe Yussel in New York. We`re glad to have you with us. Please make yourself comfortable and pull up some shade. Kick off yer` boots and pour some red-hot, Green River brown mud!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 08:34

Oh my goodness! There`s a shoot-out at the First Sagebrush Bank in Rockslide Ridge and the "K-K Brothers" are fillin` the air with lead! That guy with the steeley eyes is "Hurricane" Kurtk out of Atlanta. And right behind him, shootin` dual .45 caliber hoglegs is "Slippery Jake" Kevlar from Manitoba. Look out boys! Sheriff Frank Furter from the great state of Wisconsin, is about to toss his loop `round you fellas and drag yer` carcasses down to the crowbar hotel! And here comes Deputy "Abra Cadabra" Aaron from Albany, Western Australia, holding a sawed-off .12 gauge and covering the sheriff. He's keepin' an eye peeled for "Dead Shot" Will Ami out of Wanganui, New Zealand. You see, earlier today, the mayor of Rockslide Ridge was notified by telegraph that the notorious and dangerous Will Ami was going to shoot up the town today at 4:00 P.M. and spring his gunmen if they were caught during the bank hold-up. Well, there were an` I`m getting` outta town on the 3:10 to Yuma! :shock:

It`s nice to have you boys ridin` fer` the WD brand. Kick off yer` can openers and hang up your cady. Relax and join the caboodle for some Arbuckle`s brown gargle and plenty of yammerin`. Welcome to Wedliny Domowe.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
WillAmi

Post by WillAmi » Sat Jun 28, 2014 03:58

Howdy Chuckwagon (and all other Forum members too) -

Thanks for the welcome. It is appreciated.
Although, at the moment I'm still trying to negotiate myself around the site, I must say that I am impressed.
I have been making sausages (as an amateur) for about forty years - and, of course, I'm still learning.
We 'home-kill' all of our own cattle and pigs (amongst other things) and process them entirely on the farm.
So, I'm looking forward to participating in the Forum.
Will.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 04:25

Will, be sure to click on this link:
http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?p=5393#5393

Also, those of you "downunder" should be aware you have your own "resource section" at the following link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=6050
Be sure to note that at the bottom of each page, in the right side corner, is an arrow to click on the next page. Each topic may have several pages.

Nice to have you with us Will. I hope you enjoy WD. If I can assist you with anything at all, please do not hesitate to rattle my chain!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Aaron
User
User

Post by Aaron » Sat Jun 28, 2014 04:59

Thanks for the welcome.
I only joined a few days ago and already I've received heaps of help.

A great site

Thanks

Aaron
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 06:23

Hey, hey, Deputy Abra Cadabra Aaron! You are mighty welcome sir. Glad to have you aboard! Be sure to check out the link for folks in Australia and New Zealand at this part of the forum: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=6050 At the bottom of each page, in the right side corner, is an arrow to click on the next page. Each topic may have several pages.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jul 02, 2014 08:27

Wow, here it is July already! And we`ve got another member today! Welcome aboard "fenderjazz" in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Make yourself comfortable fenderjazz and pull up some shade. It`s nice to have you with us.

Say, just look at all the international and national celebrations this month. Perhaps one of the strangest of all time occurs on July 27 and is called "Barbie In A Blender" Day. It was introduced by a group of students celebrating free speech. Don`t miss it if you don`t mind Barbie being put into a blender! Click on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP0ML4JInkw

July 01 Canada Day - National Doctor`s Day in India - Hong Kong Est. Day - Independence Day in Somalia
July 02 National I Forgot Day
July 03 Idaho Statehood 1890
July 04 American Independence Day / Filipino-American Friendship Day
July 05 Independence Day in Algeria and Venezuela / Moon - 1st Quarter
July 07 National Chocolate Day
July 07 National Father Daughter Take a Walk Day
July 07 Global Forgiveness Day
July 07 National Tell the Truth Day
July 09 Independence Day in Argentina and South Sudan
July 10 Independence Day in Bahamas / Wyoming Statehood 1890 / National Teddy Bears' Picnic Day
July 11 National Cow Appreciation Day
July 12 Phases of the Moon - Full Moon
July 13 National Embrace Your Geekness Day / International Puzzle Day / National French Fries Day / Japanese Marine Day
July 14 Bastille Day
July 19 Phases of the Moon - Last Quarter
July 18 International Mandela Day
July 20 Colombian Independence Day / National Moon Day / National Lollipop Day
July 21 Belgian Independence Day / Global Hug Your Kid Day
July 22 National Spoonerism Day / Foundation Day in Cleveland
July 23 National Hot Dog Day / Revolution Day in Egypt
July 24 Utah`s Founders Day / National Cousins Day / National Tell an Old Joke Day
July 25 Puerto Rican Constitution Day / National Talk in an Elevator Day
July 26 National Day of the Cowboy / New York Statehood 1788 / Independence Day in Maldives
July 27 National Barbie in a Blender Day / National Parents Day
July 28 Independence Day in Peru
July 29 National Lasagna Day
July 30 Independence Day in Vanuatu / National Paperback Book Day / Foundation Day in Baltimore / Australian National Tree Day
July 31 Throne Day in Morocco

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28

Say pards, who is that statuesque and elegant looking lady on that palamino a'ridin' into camp? Why... that's Ksantiana from Melbourne, Australia. Shucks, that lady can twirl two six-guns and shoot faster and straighter than most men in these parts! Yup, she's a lady to be reckoned with. So straighten up fellas... and make "Kid Ksantiana" feel welcome to the WD outfit. :mrgreen: It's nice to have you a'ridin' fer' the brand, Ksantiana. :wink: Welcome aboard!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 20:04

Hi Ksantiana,
Welcome to this great Forum. We all like to know what you are planning to make and what you made in the past. No doubt we might learn something new, who knows.
Don't forget to look in the OZ and NZ section, Yes, we have our own recource section here.
Cheers,
Jan.