Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 06:17

A warm welcome to all the new members, you just joined a great forum. A special welcom to Nimbin Paul from New South Wales., just a few hours south of me.
Paul, we have a special section on the forum in Hyde Park for Aussies and Kiwis with quite a few suppliers listed to suit our hobby. We are getting quite a few members now.
Just message me if you need any local info.
Good Luck Mate,
Jan. crustyo44
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Wed Mar 13, 2013 02:25

Chuckwagon wrote:
Walleye wrote: I have this irresistible urge to call you Chucky!
Go ahead, Walleye. Everyone else does. Shucks, I've been called a lot of things actually. You ought to hear what El DuckO calls me! :roll:
Best Wishes,
RockChuck WigglyWagonTrack (Chucky :mrgreen: )
ssorllih wrote:I used to call him "lunch cart". :lol:
In the industrial plants where I used to work, the name would have been "Roach Coach." Some of 'em dished out the finest cure for the Monday morning hangover known to man- - home made chili.
Nowadays, though, with all the sports doping scandals, the phrase probably has changed meaning, so........ Chucky it is.
:mrgreen:
P.S. Hey! You can nest quotes! Watch THIS!!!!! [...sounds of stack overflows and machines crashing from here to Poland...] :shock:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 21:51

Hi folks, We`ve got three new members with us on WD. Let`s give them a big hand and welcome these fine folks aboard. (applause!). Welcome greensmoke in Bellingham, Washington, alhunter63 in New York, and murky in Chicago, Illinois. It`s nice to have you folks with us. Make yourselves right at home please!

Say there... isn`t it time for some..."Really, Really, Strange But True?"

1. Ants stretch when they wake up in the morning.
2. Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
3. Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
4. The average person has over 1,460 dreams a year.
5. The average American will eat about 11.9 pounds of cereal per year. How about you folks in Canada? Mexico? Australia? Europe? Elsewhere? Enquiring minds want to know! Every time I think of El DuckO forging ahead in life without this information, I just shudder! :shock:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sat Mar 16, 2013 23:16

Chuckwagon wrote: Enquiring minds want to know! Every time I think of El DuckO forging ahead in life without this information, I just shudder! :shock:
...forging? Foraging, maybe. Last time I forged something, I got caught. ...and I was heating it in a furnace, too.

My secret??? Rice! Andouille sausage and red beans and rice. Chorizo & eggs, with a side of rice! (Rice is very popular in South America, even for breakfast.) Texas smokey hot links & rice.
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Mar 17, 2013 00:08

My Brazialian customer gave me some black beans with chorizo and rice. We had some of the beans left so I am adding chorizo wrapped in cabbage leaves and cooking some fresh rice.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 19:02

Welcome, welcome nikolin in Tirana, Albania, Agata-Oliwia in Ontario, and jp240z in Chicago, Illinois. Welcome to the greatest website on the planet. What makes it the greatest? The people of course! We have the best folks in the world on this site - right here on Wedliny Domowe. Yeee Haawwww! We`re happy to have you ridin` fer` this brand, cowboys!

Say there, I believe it`s just about time for some..... :shock: "Really, Really, Strange But True!"

If Bubba screamed for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days he would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
If El DuckO passed gas consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas would be produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb! Yup, that's right... AND... did you know that Nikolin's heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet. And that's not all! There are enough blood vessels in Cabonaia's body to wrap around the world almost three times. Uh.... folks... do you realize that is 70,000 miles! :shock:
Every year, kids in North America spend close to half a billion dollars on chewing gum. :roll:
And last... Can you name the strongest muscle in the human body? Hint: It`s part of a chuckwagon!

Welcome to WD boys!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Mar 20, 2013 20:00

It is also potentially the most damaging.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 20:34

Absolutely, it most certainly is! Thanks ol' pal.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:01

Yup pards, speaking of Stetson cowboy hats, famed hat maker John B. Stetson learned and practiced his trade after the Civil War, at Dunn's Falls near Meridian, Mississippi. Hey, hey, hey... that`s the state where "Rtasma", our newest member hails from. Glad to have you with us Rtasma. Do you wear a Stetson?

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Rtasma
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Rtasma » Thu Mar 21, 2013 13:52

No Stetson CW! Just hard hats and baseball caps! I work in offshore drilling! Dunns falls is beautiful! I had no idea about Mr Stetson!
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Thu Mar 21, 2013 16:31

...ever had any of my (in)famous bean sausages? WooHoo! WooHoo! (...which explains that little bit of trivia.)

We often overnight in Meridian, MS, on the way to/from houses and relatives in TX and NC. There's quaint old downtown area that people on the interstate miss. Too bad. The glory days must have been glorious.

Like most towns its size, Meridian seems to be struggling, but (hopeful sign!) surviving. It has a strategic location going for it. That's good. (That, a couple of chain restaurants, a WalMart, and a good Chinese buffet, are prerequisites for survival, these days.)

I'll honk, next time I'm through there. Welcome to WD. Now, about those bean sausages...
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Mar 27, 2013 04:20

Hey, hey, hey wranglers! We`ve got six new waddies ridin` fer` the WD brand.

Skfhddf123 from England
Arnis from Cesis, Latvia
james barlow from Sultan (I believe that`s in Snohomish County, Washington)
Mcloughlin1978 from Auckland, New Zealand
pete zapie from Chicago, Illinois
wclough from Kansas

A big "welcome aboard" folks! It`s very nice to have you join us. Make yourselves right at home and join us `round the campfire for some brown gargle strong enough to float a horseshoe!

Say there sausage grinders, isn`t it time for some... "Saddlebum`s Western Wisdom"? Yup... If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back. Envy is a waste of time. If you want to be happy, accept what you already have not what you think you need. Life isn`t fair, but it is still good!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 13, 2013 07:26

Hi wranglers! Three new smoke addicts with us here at WD. They are Richard Rowny from New York Mountain Hollow, sns2 in Edmonton, (Alberta - one of the most beautiful places I`ve ever put a foot in!), and Danny, from North Carolina. Welcome aboard boys! You`re going to like this place. Pull up some campfire and pour a cup of brown gargle strong enough to float one of yer` spurs! :roll:
Say cowboys, isn`t it time for some "Seasoned Saddlebum`s "Sage Advice"? Well, here it is...
Don`t ever be afraid to try something new. Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic! :wink:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 01:41

Hi paniolos (Hawaiian cowboys)! I am a wahine from the big island. Smokywagontrack here... thought I`d stop by and check out the knots in your lariats. Made my first batch of sausage yesterday and had an awesome time! Looking forward to this new adventure. Maybe you cowboys can teach me a thing or two. :wink: I'm having CW post this for me until I get my computer online.

Aloha ahiahi ah hui hou (good evening until we meet again)
Smoky
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 04:16

Hi smoke sniffers! Just take a look at the latest three members. Goodness, they look like they rode hard 500 miles then slowed down just in time to fall into the campfire! Got a posse chasin` you boys? Stow yer` rigs, grab yer` reloadin` outfit, and spoon up some beans. They`re hot on the campfire next to the Green River Brown Mud. It`s nice to have you buckaroo bull-nurse bubs with us. There`s JumboBillCody from Alberta, RLH3 from northern Nevada, and DhapoereRaNdolo from Indonesia.
Say there yahoos, isn`t it about time for some, "Thrilling Tumbleweed Trivia"? I do believe it is!
Okay... today is April 15th - you know... tax day! The last day you can file your taxes. Well, did you ever notice: When you put the two words 'The' and 'IRS' together it spells ...'THEIRS'? And shucks pards, did you know that thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married? And do you know what a "Calamity Jane" is? Obviously it`s the name of a hard-cussing, heavy-drinking frontier woman, but is also a gambling term for the Queen of Spades. Now... do you remember a song called "American Pie" by Don McLean? Well, where did the name come from? It was actually the name of the airplane Buddy Holly died in. Yup, now you know the rest of the story!
Nice to have you with us new guys! Pull up some campfire and kick off yer` ol` boots!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon