Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri May 24, 2013 03:38

Say there wranglers, isn`t it about time for some..."Thrilling Tumbleweed Trivia" - particularly, peculiar, poppycock you probably just couldn`t live without! :roll:
The voice of Mickey Mouse was that of Wayne Allwine. He was married to Russi Taylor - the voice of Minnie Mouse. And... the last man to walk on the Moon was Gene Cernan. He wrote his daughter`s initials in the dust. Scientists believe they will be there about 50,000 years! And get this... every year, millions of trees grow thanks to squirrels forgetting where they buried their nuts. :shock:

We`ve got two more great lookin`, intelligent members with us! Welcome to Wedliny Domowe "ikillmoose" in Manitoba, Canada, and "weoochaun" in Yangon, Burma. It`s nice to have you folks with us. Meet us at the campfire for some hot Arbuckle`s. We`ve got fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green salad, and corn on the cob for ranch house dinner tonight, so rinse off some trail dusts and grab yer` reloadin` outfits!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri May 24, 2013 03:42

Chuckwagon wrote:Say there wranglers, isn`t it about time for some..."Thrilling Tumbleweed Trivia" - particularly, peculiar, poppycock you probably just couldn`t live without! :roll:
And get this... every year, millions of trees grow thanks to squirrels forgetting where they buried their nuts. :shock:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
At least 500 of those trees sprout in my gardens every year. oaks and walnuts all over the place. :shock:
Ross- tightwad home cook
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Re: printing china

Post by ssorllih » Fri May 24, 2013 03:57

sunnysmile wrote:printing china is a good place to know about china and also where you can turn to when encountering some technical printing issues.printing china
You say WHAT?
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri May 24, 2013 05:58

Ross, that was a SPAMMER. (Commercial)
I have a great delete button for spammers! :twisted:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon May 27, 2013 07:50

Yeee Haawww! Two new junipers kickin` up a row in camp tonight! Land sakes, I`m opine to believe they are on the shoot with cookie at the crumb castle! I`d better absquantulate! Hangin` their saddles on the top rung are Marcelo, all the way from Parana, Brazil, and a feller named ddwaterdog from Alabama. Welcome to the WD ranch boys.

Say there, I believe it may be time for some... "Inquiring Minds Really, Really, Want To Know"! Here we go again... :roll:
Why is it that when a deaf child signs a swear word, his mother doesn`t wash his hands with soap? And why do vegetarians eat animal crackers? Yeah, and if man evolved from monkeys & apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes? Hmmmm... do you think infants enjoy infancy as much as adults seem to enjoy adultery? And finally, just how is it possible to have a "civil war"?

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
weoochaun
Beginner
Beginner

Post by weoochaun » Mon May 27, 2013 13:57

Thanks for the welcome CW. Great forum you've got here. I've bought several books on sausage making but I'm a fan of Marianski's. Got a bit of meat to it!
Have a few questions. Should I put them here or on another thread?
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue May 28, 2013 09:19

Weoochaun, You said:
I've bought several books on sausage making but I'm a fan of Marianski's
Stan Marianski is the leading authority in sausagmaking in the world today, in my opinion. The terrific thing about the man is that he shares his knowledge with everyone. He is one of the most altruistic men I know.
You also wrote:
Have a few questions. Should I put them here or on another thread?
Just post them in the appropriate forums according to their topics. If you need a little "guide" of where to post, click on this link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=5409
Nice to have you with us, Weoochaun.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed May 29, 2013 04:31

A big welcome to "r77toy" who joins our membership from Baja Torrance, California. You are looking exceptionally well sir and we`re glad to have you with us, so make yourself right at home.
Hey r77toy, I know some folks in your neck of the woods and they don't even own snow shovels... Gasp! :shock:
Do you folks even know what cold is? :lol:
Last Fall, it was so cold up here on this doggone mountain, that my thermometer registered absolute zero in my living room on September 15th! :roll: Yup pard, that`s the coldest temperature possible in the Universe. It is zero Kelvin, -459.67° Fahrenheit, or -273.15°C.
We`re lookin` forward to chattin` with ya, "toy"!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri May 31, 2013 11:01

Hi Wranglers! It`s about time for some, "Have You Ever Noticed..." - subtle, ineffectual points we just can`t live without.
Have you ever noticed...
...You can`t hold a Dust-Buster and a cat at the same time?
...You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk?
...We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public?
...You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice!
...Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman!

We`ve got two more intelligent, fine-looking folks with us on WD. First up, there`s Elad690 in Jerusalem, Israel, followed by Divey in Sydney, Australia. It`s nice to have you with us, gentlemen. Make yourself right at home boys, and pour yourselves a cup of Rocky Mountain mudwater... it`s right over there on the campfire in the ol` blue, beat-up and pitted, enameled pot.
And Divey, be sure not to miss the Australian And New Zealand Resources For "Downunder" Members Of WD at this link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=6050
Welcome aboard gents!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Divey
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Divey » Fri May 31, 2013 18:23

Thanks for your friendly welcoming message CW.

I'm very new to this sausage making caper and am looking forward to making quite a few different sausages (a lot of folks here downunder call them Snags).

I was invited here by another Aussie snag maker who is a member here that noticed me posting on another forum.

I made some lovely Cumberland Sausages (from a recipe I found on the other forum) the other day and all my friends who tried them give me very good feed back. In actual fact a English friend gave me a 11 outta 10 for them.

I already have a special request from my younger Son to make Chicken, Cheese and Asparagus sausages. I have been searching everywhere and have not found much to go on thus far. He used to get his local Butcher to make these for him, however, the Butcher closed his shop and moved to another part of the country.

Is there a section here where you can ask for assistance in creating a new sausage recipe. :?:
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Fri May 31, 2013 23:11

Hi Divey,
No doubt somebody will come up with a recipe. I will have a go myself making them myself.
Chicken,Cheese, asparagus sausages sound nice.
As far as I am concerned, chicken thigh meat is the best for sausages. That's me though.
Good Luck Mate and WELCOME to the forum.
Jan.
Brisbane.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:04

We have a new buckaroo on the WD ranch and he`s called Smokey Jon. Now, let me tell you folks, this guy is so fast on the draw with a six-gun that he`s becoming a legend! I saw him practicing his quick draw in the mirror the other day and I actually saw him beat his reflection! Welcome to WD brand outfit Smokey Jon. It`s nice to have you with us - just don`t shoot the cook!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:08

Just look at that pair of cowboys ridin` into camp. Goodness gracious, these boys are nearly skin and bones! Someone grab the reloadin` irons and the mashed potatoes! Let`s put some weight on these boys. Hey fellers, stick around for some ribs, beans, and corn on the cob too. Nice to have you with us "Craigster59" from Santa Clarita, California, and "Bob K" from northwest Connecticut. Pour yourselves some Arbuckle`s and make yourselves at home. Welcome to WD wranglers!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:37

El Ducko said he had a photographic memory! Suuurrre! I happen to know it never developed. The Duck went crazy when he saw his first strands of gray hair! He told me that he thought he`d just dye! This is the man who told me, "When you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall". Not to worry Duckster! No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

Hey folks, say hello n` howdy to "YYCButcher" in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and "ptrescott" in Washington DC! You two hombres are mighty welcome `round these-here parts. Pull up some shade and pour a cup of red-hot, brown gargle made from Green River water.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jun 08, 2013 07:01

Yee Hawww! We have four new wranglers ridin` into camp. There`s "riya" from Pakistan, "tdhat" from Texas, and the infamous cahoon boys. A big fellar named dcahoon from Carmichael is followed by a sharpshooter named dcahoon2 from Sacramento California.

Tarnation tenderfeet! :shock: Are you waddies tryin` to uncork that bronc or are you bellyin` through the brush? If you`re long-ridin`, we`ll keep it dry and tell `em you went the other way! Welcome to Wedliny Domowe brand cowboys! Nice to have you with us. Make yourselves right at home and grab a hot cup of Arbuckle`s at the campfire. "Set" a spell and spread a bit of corral dust with us. Nice to have you folks with us.

Okay, buckaroos! Answer this one if you can. Of all the nations on this planet, which one is "statistically" the happiest nation on Earth? The answer will be on the next welcome post.

Best wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Sat Jun 08, 2013 07:52, edited 1 time in total.