Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Aug 21, 2012 06:50

We`ve got a brand new member in Hawaii where the pineapple tastes so darned good! Yup, and her name is "guofurou". Welcome to WD guofurou. Oh yes, I`ve got some Seasoned Saddlebum`s "Western Advice" just for you guofurou! Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt some but it's the only way to live life completely. Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much. And don't judge others by their relatives. They didn't pick them. :roll:
Make yourself at home guofurou. We are delighted to have you with us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Aug 22, 2012 08:21

There`s a new member on our roster today and his name is drum4458 in southeast Flordia. Welcome aboard drum! We`re mighty glad you joined us on WD. Hey drum, once I almost had a psychic girlfriend from Florida, ..... but she left me before we met. She was just a poor whisky maker, but I loved her still.
You`re going to like Wedliny Domowe drum4458. There`s lots of nice folks here.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Aug 22, 2012 13:29

I once had a pet frog. I loved that little guy. One day he croaked. :cry:
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:17

Two new members with us today! Welcome to WD jgillinham in Vermont and MainelySmoka in Maine. You know, Earth is a mysterious place sometimes. Lightning strikes this planet about 6,000 times per minute. Did you know it's against the law to slam your car door in Switzerland, and in Bangladesh, kids as young as 15 can be jailed for cheating on their finals! In England, during the 1880's, "Pants" was considered a dirty word. And did you know that America once issued a 5-cent bill? People in Siberia often buy milk frozen on a stick. And then... we all have our dogs! Did you know that in Tokyo, they sell toupees for dogs? And, no kidding, there are over 58 million dogs in America, but in Iceland, it's against the law to have a pet dog. Ahh, everything considered, Earth it is a great place to live, isn`t it? :wink:
Welcome aboard fellas! You`re going to like this place.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Aug 27, 2012 04:19

Who`s that top hand ridin` down the ridge into the WD camp? Why... that`s ol` wouter kalkman, a cowpuncher from the Netherlands. Welcome aboard Wouter. Toss your saddle on the top rung of the corral and pull up some shade by the campfire. Pour a hot cup of brown gargle (strong enough to float a horseshoe) and chat a bit. Later on we`ll have barbecued ribs, smoky beans, scalloped `taters, and warm sourdough rolls with a mighty fine green salad. It`s nice to have you with us Wouter.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:59

Look out! There`s a new sheriff in town and he`s got a glint in his eye and a smile on his face! He must be ready to start grindin` and stuffin` some sausage. Welcome to WD TomW in North Carolina. We`re happy to see you associating with these highly intelligent folks at WD. Hey Tom, did you know that 82.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot? :shock:
Make yourself at home Tom.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 06:53

Hi Wouter,
Welcome to the forum, Ouwe Lul.
It's great and the help and advise above and beyond.
You will get extremely busy making sausages, curing and smoking meat again.
Just for members information, Wouter is my 1st cousin from Holland. A keen charcuterie maker for many years.
Best Regards,
Jan de Zwerver.
crustyo44
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 30, 2012 09:01

Hi Buckaroos!
We`ve got a brand new member with us today from Brisbane, Australia. Welcome aboard Ziggy. Hey Ziggy, will you check my headlights to see if they work? You see, I`ve got this `57 Chev that travels at the speed of light... but I can`t tell if the headlights work when I go that fast. :lol:
Nice to have you with us Ziggy!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Thu Aug 30, 2012 14:22

There was a young lady named Bright
Whose speed was faster than light.
She left home one day
In a relative way
And returned home the previous night.
[with apologies to the Physics community, whose freshmen learn this little ditty while studying relativity]

There was an ol' Wag'ner named Chuck
Who bought an ol' Chevy. His luck?
Well, he left home one day
For to head Provo way.
Wound up walking. The Chevy got stuck.
[with apologies to everyone else]

Happy sausage making. (...and while you're up, how 'bout another round of home brew?)
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 21:03

Hi Ziglet,
Welcome to the forum. It won't be long and we will have you mincing, mixing, smoking and eating the best Polish sausages you remember from the old country,
Regards,
Jan.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 03:20

The Chevy got stuck.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 04:15

There`s a new wrangler in the corral and he`s no played out plow chaser, he looks like a full-rigged, top hand ranny to me! Welcome to the WD brand Rick from Rockford, Michigan. Park that painted piebald outlaw in the corral and join us `round the campfire for some prairie strawberries and brown belly wash. Shuck yer` rib wrenches and grab a reloadin` outfit for some fixin`s worth yammerin` about. A few of the waddies `round abouts are stirrin` corral dust and whistlin` windies. Nice to have you with us Rick!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Sep 03, 2012 08:17

Welcome to WD "Nico" in Tokyo. Hey Nico, did you ever notice that even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time. Pour yourself a cup and join us 'round the campfire!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 01:16

We`ve got a brand new member to WD and her name is AngelwannaB. She says she lives in:

Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains
Shenandoah River -
Life is old there
Older than the trees
Younger than the mountains
Growin' like a breeze

Country Roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain momma
Take me home, country roads

All my memories gathered 'round her
Miner's lady, stranger to blue water
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky
Misty taste of moonshine
Teardrops in my eye

To the place I belong

I hear her voice
In the mornin' hour she calls me
The radio reminds me of my home far away
And drivin' down the road I get a feelin'
That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday

To the place I belong

Welcome to WD, AngelwannaB! :wink:
Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Sep 09, 2012 08:16

"Rosary" is a new member with us today and she lives in the Rockies too. She`s one heck of a piano player but loses her car keys a lot! :roll:
Hey Rose, would you agree with me if I made the following statements?
1. If the speed limit on the highway is 75 mph, you're going 80, but everyone is still passing you... you probably live in Utah.
2. If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow... you probably live in Utah.
3. If you think the 4 seasons are: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction... you probably live in Utah.
4. If you find 10 degrees "a little chilly"... you probably live in Utah.
BUT, on the other hand...
5. If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed the wrong number, you probably live in Utah.
Welcome to WD Rose! It`s nice to have you with us. :wink:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon