Post Your Photo Here-Let's Become Acquainted

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Dec 25, 2013 03:04

KC,
Those are beautiful little taste testers! Wow, they are gorgeous. The little ones kind of make the world go around, eh?
Crusty wrote:
I am only trying to outdo CW. He is always raving on about the fuzz on his top lip. I thought that I give him an inferiority complex for Xmas.

AND...
Ross wrote:
With that 'stash and the steely glint in you eye you could face down Sheriff CW any day.
Boys, boys, boys! Crusty and Ross... you are both full of hooey! No one's upper lip upholstery will EVER rival my moustache! Although I`ve had to resort to a little dye now and then, I still present the greatest -lookin` lip in the northern hemisphere. Why, just last night I was walking through the mall when two teen-age girls looked at me and ran away screaming! Sort of like they used to scream when they saw Elvis or the Beatles! :wink: Yes, yes, yes... I shall yet remain humble! :roll:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jun 21, 2014 07:48

Hey, hey, hey.... Sausage makers!
Lots of you folks haven't posted your photo. Don't be so shy! I realize that my mustache is so good-lookin' that it may intimidate many folks, but post anyway. Yes, yes, yes... my mustache has won awards. Nevertheless, I remain humble (although it is the greatest-lookin' mustache in 11 western states!) Heck, I was first to put my face on this thread and didn't get a single death threat! :roll: Now, don't be shy! Post a photo of yourself or any of your favorite people.

POST YOUR PHOTO HERE: ... and quit being shy! :lol:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
WillAmi

Post by WillAmi » Sun Jun 29, 2014 09:11

Just so I don't come to the party empty-handed, (and in celebration that I actually managed to push all the right buttons), here I am, and Will Am I.

Will.
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the Bad Girls live!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:11

Yikes! Will, you look like Gary Cooper in "High Noon"! What a distinguished-looking gentleman. And anyone who folds a hat the way you do, shows great intelligence! Great photo. Where was this taken and how come you folks have got small, white, cows grazing in the background?
I've looked at the photo over and over. The water is higher than the foreground. So, is that a levy or a dam of some type? Nice to have you with us Will. Welcome aboard!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
WillAmi

Post by WillAmi » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:54

Chuckwagon wrote:Yikes! Will, you look like Gary Cooper in "High Noon"! What a distinguished-looking gentleman. And anyone who folds a hat the way you do, shows great intelligence! Great photo. Where was this taken and how come you folks have got small, white, cows grazing in the background?
I've looked at the photo over and over. The water is higher than the foreground. So, is that a levy or a dam of some type? Nice to have you with us Will. Welcome aboard!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
They're sheep.
I assure you that, despite the fact that we're "Down-under', everything is very much on the level here. The water possibly has the illusion of appearing higher than the foreground because the photo is taken on a hill, looking downwards.
It was taken, looking out towards 'Farewell Spit' (so named by the explorer, James Cook) as it was his final departure point, in 1770, after the circumnavigation of the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
It is a curved and tapering natural sand-bar, about 25 kilometres in length. It is the 'streak' of land at the top of the photo, and it tapers off to the right. The actual tip is quite distant and out of this frame. The water on the left of it is the Tasman Sea and on the right is Golden Bay.
Here's a map, if you're interested;
https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/Far ... 567ce7ccd2
Just let me know if anything needs explanation.
Cheers
Will
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the Bad Girls live!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:24

Hey Will,
Those little, tiny, white cows are sort of cute. :lol: Now, what do you call that breed of bovine?... a "sheeeps"? What's a sheeeep? Hey Will, I'll bet you've got little, tiny, white horses just for small cowboys eh? Geeeze, next you'll be tellin' me that those "sheeeps" cows actually grow wool. :roll:
You wrote:
This photo was taken at 'Farewell Spit' (so named by James Cook in 1770) as it was the final departure point after the circumnavigation of the North and South Islands of New Zealand. That 'streak' of land at the top right of the photo is the tapering tip of the Spit. The water on the left of it is the Tasman Sea and on the right is Golden Bay. Here's a map, if you're interested; https://www.google.co.nz/...031726,8z/d ... 567ce7ccd2 Just let me know if anything else needs explanation.
Wow! That is facinating, Will. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and yes... I'm pullin' your leg about the sheep. You see, I'm in cattle country with a history of violence against sheepmen. Quite a story and a blemish on our past! It's only been late in the last century that some sheepmen and cattlemen have even tried to get along. Thank goodness most have put it in the past. Today, we see both animals grazing fairly close together in many areas - something you'd never see a hundred years ago.

The story of Captain Cook is facinating. To actually visit and see his final 1770 departure point, (after the circumnavigation), would be a real treat! Will, I just love you folks "downunder" and I have many friends there. You folks are just the best!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
sambal badjak
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by sambal badjak » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:45

Okay then,
This is me :mrgreen:

life is too short to drink bad wine (anonymus)
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jun 29, 2014 14:42

Hi Sambal,
Thanks for posting. You are a marvelous-looking (and verrrry cute) lady! And who is your little buddy? Is he a Jack Russell Terrier? Hey Sambal, did your boat crash into that woodpile? Are you alright? Wow, the collision knocked off your shoe. :roll: However, you must be okay because you`ve still got hold of your fishing pole and I adore a lady with an open-faced reel! It shows integrity. Say, what kind of fish are you after in that Lower Zambezi River. I`m tryin` to get Ross to come and go fishing with me on the Provo River. We use Utah County "spinners" here. Just light the fuse, toss it into the water, and run like... uhh... Hey Sambal, it`s mighty nice havin` you with us on WD.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Janlab
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Janlab » Sun Jun 29, 2014 14:50

I'd say probably Bream (Tilapia), very nice in the pan!
JL
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Shuswap » Sun Jun 29, 2014 15:22

Marilyn and I on our 50th anniversary in Jasper Alberta

crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 20:34

We certainly have a bunch of good looking members, looking at these photo's.
Good breeding and good Genes are recognizable everywhere around the world.
Cheers,
Jan.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jun 29, 2014 22:02

Phil, you ol` horse wrestler! What a great looking couple you folks make! Marilyn is a doll. The Duck is still rantin` and ravin` about meeting you folks. I think it is incredible that you got together for a visit with sausage-making as a link between you folks (no pun intended).

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Jun 30, 2014 01:11

Fine looking people . Must have done something right to make 50. You stand a good chance for the next 25.
Ross- tightwad home cook
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Jun 30, 2014 06:19

50th! Congrats! Reminds of this story..... :lol:

At St. Peter's Catholic Church in Toronto , they have weekly husband's marriage seminars.

At the session last week, the priest asked Giuseppe, who said he was approaching his 50th wedding anniversary, to take a few minutes and share some insight into how he had managed to stay married to the same woman all these years.

Giuseppe replied to the assembled husbands, 'Wella, I'va tried to treat her nicea, spenda da money on her, but besta of all is, I tooka her to Italy for the 25th anniversary!'

The priest responded, 'Giuseppe, you are an amazing inspiration to
all the husbands here! Please tell us what you are planning for your wife for your 50th anniversary?'

Giuseppe proudly replied, " I gonna go pick her up." Image
sambal badjak
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by sambal badjak » Mon Jun 30, 2014 06:33

Somehow the whole lot I wrote disappeared in cyberspace. Ah, the joys of internet in Africa.
Nice pictures all!

My picture was taken on the Zambezi river, the border river between Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Normally we are fishing for tigerfish. They give you a real good fight. Here we were trying to catch some Chessa for bait.
And that little doggy is indeed a jack russell. His name is guinness. He better not hear I call him little as he thinks he is a vicious kill and attack dog :-)

And CW, I checked that picture again and I am still wearing both shoes. Don't you know barefoot is the new fasshion?
life is too short to drink bad wine (anonymus)