A little humour!!!

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jul 27, 2011 23:34

Maz wrote:
ice cube with frog inside
Uhh.... Maz my ol' pal... An "ice cube with a frog in it"... uhhh.... uhh... :?:
What have you been smokin' lately? :shock: Perhaps it's time to change to Camel Filters eh?
OOOOOooooooo!

Best Wishes, :lol:
Chuckwagon

P.S... Yup, it's on "your side"! :mrgreen:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jul 28, 2011 07:12

Hi Maz,
Our friend "Bubba" contacted me and has possibly come up with solutions for the problems you`re having with photos. Let us know if this helps.
Chuckwagon

I would like to make some suggestions as to how Maz could maybe solve his problem of not being able to view some photos (we have to keep in mind he is on a different continent and that does affect viewable content at times):-

1) He could move his mouse over the picture "ice cube" he can see, right click and select "show picture" if it is selectable.

if that does not fix the problem try the next one:-

2) When one right clicks with the mouse over the first and then the second photos and selects properties, the difference is the first was uploaded through "Photobucket", the second one he can't see was uploaded through "Imageshack".
He may have to register with Imageshack to clear the problem of not being able to view that photo.
It may be that Imageshack has configured their site to anyone outside the USA that they have to register, in this way they reduce hacking possibilities.

3) The third option would depend on the permission of Darthfrog, who posted the photo. One could try to right click and "save the picture", but some people to not like or allow saving of their personal photos. But in this way Maz may be able to view the photo on his computer.

And no, I am by no means no Computer expert, not my line of work or expertise, just things I learnt over time. I'm really just a humble taxpayer working for a professional living.

Best Regards

Ron (Bubba)

Most kind of you Ron. I hope it helps my ol' pal Maz.
Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Maz
User
User

Post by Maz » Thu Jul 28, 2011 17:08

Thanks Ron did not work but found some info on the net which might solve the problem in future if we let the forum members know about it.
Starting Feb 22, 2011 (?) ImageShack has been enforcing a new policy that requires Site Owners and those outside USA, Canada and the European Union to register to them in order to be able to view any images stored there. This amouts to effectively IP banning most of the World, and serving frozen frogs (see samples below), instead of the intended pictures, to those included in the ban.
:???: