Sausages and the fisherman

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Big Guy
Passionate
Passionate

Sausages and the fisherman

Post by Big Guy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 16:12

An old fisherman on the east coast decided to retire, things were kind of boring just sitting around the house so he walked into town and did some window shopping. He was looking in the butchers window when the butcher came out and asked if he could help him with any thing. The old fisherman said what do you call them things pointing at some sausages. The butcher said they are sausages, the old guy says what do you do with them. The butcher said you cook them and eat them. the old guy says how do you prepare them I've only cooked fish for the last 70 years. The butcher replies cook them just like you would a fish. So the old fisherman buys a couple of pounds of sausage and goes home. two weeks later the old guy is back in town and bumps into the butcher , who asks how did you like those sausages. The old fisherman says I'll never buy them again. The butcher asks why. the fisherman says after I skinned them and gutted them there wasn't anything left.
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 16:49

Seriously Big Guy why did the old fisherman have to be from the east coast :shock: You couldn`t have picked a fisherman from let`s say ...ummm... maybe Utah :mrgreen:
Maz
User
User

Post by Maz » Wed Sep 07, 2011 17:19

Yea Big Guy I also think this looks like it could be a Utah fisherman even the age seems right. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Sep 08, 2011 04:38

Uwanna wrote:
You couldn`t have picked a fisherman from let`s say ...ummm... maybe Utah
What? Wally, don't you realize it`s because Big Guy was telling a true story! The fish-catchin` sausagemakers out here actually know all about makin` trout sausage. We simply put on scuba gear, mount up, and dive our horses into those high mountain lakes (wearing unique, rubber cowboy boots and hats of course). Next we capture the attention of entire schools of fish by showing off our six-shooter spinning techniques and a few rope tricks. It sort of "dazzles" `em into a hypnotic "fish coma". From there, we simply herd them into large casings stretched between two horses (wearing special fins of course), and then quickly lasso the ends and cinch em` down with one of Ross`s modified clove hitches. All this is done while riding special heavily-laden horses that sink quickly and are trained to hold their breath for twenty minutes at a time. My ol' nag "Sharkbait" can even go for a half an hour. Shucks pard, fishermen out here know all about sausage-makin`! The tough part is draggin' one of those fish sausages out of the lake... it always takes two pickup trucks or a half-a-herd of horses to do the job. :roll:

Best Wishes... dudes!
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D