WD Daily Chat - Talk about anything You Like

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:10

If El DuckOOooo had 100 marbles and he gave Redzed six of them and Cabonia eight of them, the how many marbles has El DuckO lost? :shock:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
DelNorte
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DelNorte » Thu Feb 13, 2014 13:10

Chuckwagon wrote:If El DuckOOooo had 100 marbles and he gave Redzed six of them and Cabonia eight of them, the how many marbles has El DuckO lost? :shock:
Zero?.... there were none to give in the first place, because he lost them a long time ago? :???:
*braces for the duck wing slap*
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Feb 13, 2014 13:15

Well, okay then....
If El DuckO fell off his rocking chair and bounced two feet forward and a foot to the right, then how far off his rocker is he? :roll:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
DelNorte
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DelNorte » Thu Feb 13, 2014 14:52

Chuckwagon wrote:Well, okay then....
If El DuckO fell off his rocking chair and bounced two feet forward and a foot to the right, then how far off his rocker is he? :roll:
He might not make it back. :???:
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Thu Feb 13, 2014 14:58

redzed wrote:Правда и только правда. утенок вас может быть уродливым, новы великая американская колбаса!
Nothing But The Truth. Duckling you may be ugly, new great American sausage!
Yikes! (Yikes to both ideas!)
:???:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Thu Feb 13, 2014 19:06

ssorllih wrote:Ray try not to get too badly sunburned! ;-) we seem to be in the path of about a foot of new snow tonight and during the day tomorrow. The worst part will be the winds above 20 MPH. That will make for some drifts.
We get CNN and Fox news in English, the weather reports for your neck of the woods seem to be miserable. All of the never-heard-of-before conditions like the ice in Georgia, snow in Japan, flooding in south England sure makes a man wonder what the world will be like in the years to come. I´m glad I grew up in a time when I could hunt deer and hogs and catch wild salmon in the Pacific ocean, even make enough dough to retire. Gonna be a tough nut for the generations to come, guess they have to figure what to do when it all comes down. Starting to miss being home, and especially Booboo dog, she gets depressed and doesn´t eat much when we´re gone. I´ll have her bailed out of the slammer and home by 7:15 Sunday morning. Stay warm and safe. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Tue Feb 18, 2014 17:37

I can't open any of the JPEG's, takes me to a page I don't understand when I click on them. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Feb 18, 2014 17:48

Yeah, I forgot. You have to register and log on to use the Polish WD forum. They are not open to casual visitors like our version.

Sorry about that. Maybe CW can remove my post.

Removed by author's request 021914@0524 by CW
Last edited by redzed on Wed Feb 19, 2014 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Tue Feb 18, 2014 18:52

DelNorte wrote:Ray your the man! I can't believe you did this before going on your vacation. I guess there are some really good people left on this earth. I don't know how you were able to do the price for postal, but I'm grateful. I'll let you know when it arrives!
Hmmm, seems to me it's been twelve days now, starting to have some doubts as to the success of this mission. Maybe I shoulda sent it via Pony Express. RAY
DelNorte
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DelNorte » Tue Feb 18, 2014 20:16

sawhorseray wrote:Hmmm, seems to me it's been twelve days now, starting to have some doubts as to the success of this mission. Maybe I shoulda sent it via Pony Express. RAY
No, don't worry. IF it is going to arrive this is the time to start looking for it. When I sent a couple of things before moving down, it was around 14-17 days... funny how between the US post office and the plane trip it really arrives in the capital of Uruguay within 36 hours after one sends a package, but it takes 12 (or more) days for the country's post to process and deliver it. I know this, because I investigated a package that never arrived here. The US post can only track a package up until it is put on a plain and leaves US soil. Mine had hopped a plane in Miami that same day that I had dropped it off. Never heard about any planes disappearing in the ocean en route to U, so just saying.....

We'll keep an eye out and if we don't get it by next Monday, we'll head to the post off to inquire. Not that that does much good. *sigh*
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

latest Olympic "moment"

Post by el Ducko » Wed Feb 19, 2014 03:14

Hello, folks. ...your friendly local Duck, here, with another report from the 2014 Winter Olympics.

That was some finish, wasn`t it? I`m referring to the Snowshoe Ballet event, which I covered last night as a service to those who are interested in webbed-foot-friendly events. No ice dancing for us, Bubbie- - we go for the difficult stuff. Besides, ever try to edge with your feet? No matter what kind you have, it`s a whole lot tougher than those who cheat by clamping metal weapon-looking equipment to their feet.

Earlier, I reported on an event for which I have personal affection, the downhill sled-less luge. Participants have a choice of going feet-first or head-first. The two groups can often be differentiated by the fact that the feet-first folks are several inches shorter on average than those of us who choose to go head-first. ...I think. ...difficult to remember why.

It has been a problem, reporting during the time of night when most of the audience at home are asleep. However, viewership has risen from the single-digit level upon rumors that, at night, we have bonfires and roast sausages and marshmallows and more sausages, and some of the women`s team occasionally come down off the hill with their clothing, uh, shall we say, askew.

Yes, we shall. Ratings temporarily hit an all-time high.

Meanwhile, the crowd is divided as to whether landjaeger, kabanosy, or Csabaii is the favored performance-enhancing sausage. All three are difficult to test for, due to the high garlic content favored by the athletes. ...tell you what, though. When you soar past the top of the half-pipe and look down, wondering why the heck they didn`t go on and build the other half of the dad-gum thing, a quick hit of sausage taken just before your takeoff sure helps things. ...especially right before the "splat" sound. Carving turns is great, yeah, but carving off a chunk of sausage is even better.

Back to you, Chuckles.
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 13:59

Back to you, Chuckles.
Okay, you... you.... you flat-beaked phoney! :lol: Duk... are you still trying to find a lake with a slope on it so you can go water skiing? Oh, and by the way... I have a few questions for you. If you ate both pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry? And if you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done? And why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"? Enquiring minds want to know!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Wed Feb 19, 2014 16:58

Chuckwagon wrote:If you ate both pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry?
In physics, the Italian version of the so-called "standard model" (particle theory) specifies that they will annihilate each other, converting to pure energy which, every paisano knows, means "good quality olive oil."

This contrasts with the Scandinavian creation legend involving the energetics of lutefisk preparation with lye in an iron skillet. ...or the old Mexican legend in which an eagle. mistaking a snake for a delicious sausage, grabs it, gets bitten on his foot, makes an emergency landing on a cactus, hurts his other foot, and yells "AIYEE!" (The echo of this Big Ouch can still be heard today, in microwave frequency.)

Take THAT, Inquiring Minds!
:mrgreen:
DelNorte
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DelNorte » Wed Feb 19, 2014 17:25

Chuckwagon and el Ducko, you two are a hoot!
Keep going!! I'm going to go get popcorn for everyone. :mrgreen:

Who wants butter and who wants plain?
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 17:46

Oh that Looney Toon Texan is a screwball! I went over to his house and sat down in the living room. He yelled out from the kitchen, "What`s on the television?"
"Dust", I said.
The skillet hit me behind the ear and they say I`ll be able to remove the bandages in about a week. :roll:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon