WD Daily Chat - Talk about anything You Like

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Apr 11, 2011 21:42

The indians of the pacific north west built their smoke houses from cedar planks. This wood has been well weathered being salvage lumber from a residential dec. I have dressed it to remove 30 years of foot traffic.
My smoke generator will be make with cement board and there will be no open flames and there will be a garden sprayer full of water in the event of a flare up. Wood starts to smoke long before it reaches an ignition point.
Once the inside of the box is well smoked any odors that come out will be smokey.
cedar planks are the plank of choice for planking salmon.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Apr 17, 2011 06:52

Hi sausagemakers!

If you would like to see JBK's finished product (a beautiful Polish Kielbasa) click on this link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?p=1886#1886
Very nicely done John. Keep up the good work!

And Palace Hill, I really enjoyed reading about the shopping trip with your son. I can just visualize you wranglers at the meat counter reading the ingredients on the back of a Hillshire Farms package of (gulp) LITE kielbasa :roll: What is "light" kielbasa? What a slap in the face eh? Wow, it's a good thing you'll be grindin' and stuffin' your own soon. Is your son just a little guy or can he help you turn the handle on the stuffer? :lol:

My Best Wishes Gentlemen,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 07:49

Coot! Coot? Who are you calling an old coot, you... you... surreptitious, scandal-stricken, snowball!
I get buried with 7 feet of snow and you call it a skiff? You`re off the meds again, aren`t you!
I needed a heapin` helpin` of counsel and wisdom so I went to see my old friend Chief Wannum Lester "Les" Bull and his daughter Wotta Lotta Bull of the "Fa-gow-ee" tribe. When the chief saw me approaching he said, "Uggh... Chuckwagon welcome to sit on my campfire but hope you leave that crazy Canadian at home". Then Lotta Bull spoke up and said, "That squirrel of the north thinks he is man of steel... but me - Watta Lotta - say he is heap big chunk of rust! Last time he cook his crap in camp, entire tribe come down with new dance... ummm... Rocky Mountain Quickstep!
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Apr 23, 2011 08:47

Calm down Cooter! :razz:

7" of snow huh? Wow! We call that "hard rain" up here.
I`m not surprised that you had to seek council, nor where you went for it. The Chief is just pi$$y since Wotta Lotta and I got together for a weekend. He suggested that I marry her and seemed quite offended at my hysterics. :lol:
As previously stated; the nickname is steelchef but my full name is Stainless Steel Chef, (Esq.) so the rust thing is just outrageous.
The quickstep issue, (as you well know) was the result of your sneaking those Scotch Bonnets into my famous `Wild Rabbit Stew."
So I have to ask; do you have any Fa-gow-ee blood in your veins? The Bull part is definitely a genetic trait that you share with the tribe.
Another clear indicator is your love of Bologna.
I sure hope that you, yours and the tribe have a marvellous Easter. :mrgreen:

Best Regards,
SSC (Esquire)
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 09:33

Now listen here you... you... calcified, Canadian, clod!
You leave my love of bologna out of this. And why do you call that awful, water-thin mudwater of yours, "wild rabbit stew"? You listed "iceworms" on your Easter menu. I was going to ask you just what in the heck is an iceworm. Then is occurred to me that you ARE an iceworm. Are you still wearing your tu-tu to town? You really ought to change off with your fairy princess outfit once in a while. (Esquire indeed :roll: )

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sun Apr 24, 2011 00:03

Ice worms are only found in certain areas where blue ice forms, below the snow covered white ice. They are tasty little critters, much like crayfish or scampi. Despite their name, they can only be eaten fresh; freezing and thawing them leaves only a gelatinous liquid. They will keep up to three days in the refrigerator.
We serve them as shooters with pepper vodka and cocktail sauce.

Now about my tu-tu: You promised never to bring that incident up again. And; if you must know, the other outfit is with the seamstress being altered to reflect my sausage eating endeavours. :mrgreen:
SSC (Esq.)
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Apr 24, 2011 06:37

Why you Goofy Northern Fishbait,
I wouldn't eat an "iceworm" if it was gold-plated! Are you nuts? Can't you shoot an elk like UncleBuck? Just what is the matter with you..... Anyway? :roll:
SheeeYuks, :shock:
Chuckwagon
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sun Apr 24, 2011 07:22

Chicken, Chicken, Chicken!

You would be known as a Cheechako. Only those who have tasted the iceworm are worthy of being called a 'Certified Sourdough.' :smile:

There is so much game up here that I rarely hunt anymore. My freezers are full of donated Elk, Deer, Moose and Bison. I turn down offers of ducks and geese, daily.

As the postcard says, "Wish you were here!" :mrgreen:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Apr 24, 2011 07:57

Hey Chef-O....
Consider this: Pssst. Brlubburb. Bsssup. Blessedbleeps/and goodness knows you goofy northbound snowshoe! Blurb, blurbl, blurb... Maybe the Easter bunny will lay an egg in your hat! You Goofy Gopher! And what makes you think you are my son? ! Holy Crap! You are weird enough to wear a purple tie with a blue shirt! You... you... northbound NUT!
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sun Apr 24, 2011 08:39

So! It's obvious that you have "Moderators Stressor Disease." It is marked by incoherent outbursts, irrational invective and left over medication. :grin:

There is, of course a pill for that! It's called, Lithium.

Your continuous remarks about my attire would suggest that your mother or wife still dress you. (Sister maybe?)

As to the Easter Bunny, the Grandkids are totally into candy and gifts. They know that the Bunny is as real as Santa Claus. It's cute to watch them ask for money or gifts and it gives me great pleasure to tell them, "Ain't goin' to happen."
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:12

Oh.......
Why must I be...
a teenager in love?

Psst*()# 3#*_@
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sun Apr 24, 2011 15:55

Chuckwagon wrote:Oh.......
Why must I be...
a teenager in love?

Psst*()# 3#*_@
Well there you have it folks. Total breakdown I'm afraid. He now apparently believes that he is a teenager. Must be harkin' back to the 1850's. :razz:
I told him and told him, even in German, quitcherdamnbellyachin' but he wouldn't listen.
Hopefully he'll get back on the medication and we can get over this. :mrgreen:
JerBear
Passionate
Passionate

Post by JerBear » Mon Apr 25, 2011 02:36

I think you guys should just give up the ghost, get married and be done with it. Ya'll snip at each other more than my wife and I. On second thought, maybe it'll just end in divorce. :shock:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Apr 25, 2011 05:50

Hi Jer,
I better explain a bit. The ol' steelchef and I are best friends. Nobody has more respect and admiration for that ol' Canadian honker than I do. He has certainly helped this site to grow and I owe him a lot for supporting me as a moderator. The chef and I talk by phone quite often and we are currently trying to solve all the world's problems and straighten out the politics in both our nations. I tease him unmercifully - he hits me right back! I can't stay up with him as he is actually pretty doggone sharp and quick with a rebound. When we started the "banter" way back, we got quite a few neat comments from the members, so we decided to continue taking pot shots at each other. We yank on each other's chain just for a good laugh now and then. He and his lovely wife Barb live in a beautiful place but it's too danged cold for me. I just can't quite figure out why she stays with such an odd-looking fellow when she could have a real movie star like me... uh... it's my gorgeous mustache you see! :wink:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
JerBear
Passionate
Passionate

Post by JerBear » Mon Apr 25, 2011 06:27

Good Evening Chuck,

I actually got that pretty much figured out. It's just you two yank each others chains like an old married couple in the best possible way. I hope no offense was taken as no malice was intended. Just the way I talk to some of my friends who talk to each other the way you two do.