WD Daily Chat - Talk about anything You Like

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
jbk101
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jbk101 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 19:54

Steelchef, I am now officially scared :smile: :grin: :o
jbk101
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jbk101 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 20:01

By the way I just got brave and ordered myself some 35mm-38mm Hog Casings, Insta Cure #1 and a Suasage Pricker. So in about a week I will be attempting to make my first batch of Polish Kielbasa :mrgreen: Now a trip to the Butcher any suggestions would be helpful!
Thanks,
John
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Apr 02, 2011 20:13

John - John,

Don't be afraid of me! I'm OK. It's that Lunatic County Sheriff that you must fear. He promised that he would never, ever mention my tutu. It's him I have issues with, not you.
Good luck with your Kubasa, (that's Canadian) not suasage. Humour! :grin:
Watch out for that Wagon Chucker. He'll find out your secrets and spread them all over the forum. :cry:
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 21:27

Steelchef wrote:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :mrgreen:
Geeeeze! For a moment there, I thought he just might be speechless!
Hey Chef-O... There's an old saying among the cowboys here:
"A closed mouth gathers no boot!"
But nooooooo! You just had to bring up that tutu you wear downtown.
And what is this facination you have with Monks? :mrgreen:

Best Wishes, Indeed!
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Apr 02, 2011 21:34

Rusty, I only wear one spur. I figure that if I can get one side of the horse moving the other side will keep up.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 21:42

Jbk wrote:
By the way I just got brave and ordered myself some 35mm-38mm Hog Casings, Insta Cure #1 and a Suasage Pricker. So in about a week I will be attempting to make my first batch of Polish Kielbasa
Hey John, which recipe did you decide to use? When you visit the butcher, find a pork butt (pork butt is shoulder... best for sausage making!) with some nice fat on it. Try slicing off the fat and cutting it into small dice with a knife. Freeze the diced fat then when you have the meat ground and mixed, fold in the fat before you put it into casings. This will really give you a nice presentable texture. Let us know how it turns out. Take some pictures too. If you come up with a great recipe of your own, be sure to post it in the "Recipe Of The Month" to win a terrific prize!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
.......................................................................................................................................................................... CLICK ON NEXT PAGE ->
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Sun Apr 17, 2011 06:55, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 21:58

Uh..... Ross, does that mean if that other side doesn't "git ta goin'" that he will turn in circles? :???:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Apr 02, 2011 22:09

Might! Never had it happen. had a yellow tom cat once that had a stroke and didn't have much feeling on one side. If I pulled his fur on his bad side he would look to the other side to see what was pushing him.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 22:12

Uh heh!
And was that cat from Ft. St. John in British Columbia?
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Apr 02, 2011 22:26

So! That's where old yeller got to. I remember when he got a look at Chucko and hi-tailed it out of here. Never saw that old boy again. Hope you looked after him well Ross.
BTW, I think we both know more about spurs than the Chuckwagon rider. :razz:
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Apr 02, 2011 22:53

Chuckwagon wrote:And what is this facination you have with Monks?
You never mind about my Monks. We all want to know about your thing with ducks! :lol:

All seriousness aside, I compose many of my messages in Word, (which has a spell checker) then cut & paste into the reply box :!:

And FYI, in Canada we speak and write English, not American. So quit bugging me about the spelling of words such as; humour, colour, honour, charcouterie, Chuckwagoun etc. :mrgreen:
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Apr 02, 2011 23:02

Chuckwagon wrote:There's an old saying among the cowboys here: "A closed mouth gathers no boot!"
Take heed you old bull....shipper! :grin:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 23:05

You, you... you southbound snowsled,
you wrote:
And FYI, in Canada we speak and write English, not American.
That explains it all. Yes the English drive on the left. Americans drive on the right.
But not rockchef, noooooo... he WEAVES down the CENTER of the road! :lol:
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Apr 02, 2011 23:12

SEE - Seee what I'm talkin' about. Always the sheriff! Well, FYI that only happens on Fridays when I'm comin' home from the local, live Scotch tasting forum. You try driving with one eye closed and see how well you do :!: :lol:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 23:13

Ha!
Just who do you think invented spurs? You, you... Canadian cacti :roll: