Three Little Pigs

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
vagreys
Frequent User
Frequent User

Three Little Pigs

Post by vagreys » Sat Mar 24, 2012 17:13

Stopped by story28's new shop, a few days ago, in their second week open to the public. Jason was too busy downstairs to come up, having just received a delivery and trying to replace all the product that his customers snarfed up, but I got the better deal - got to talk with his sharp, beautiful, charming wife, between dealings with customers. Her pic doesn't do her justice. He couldn't ask for a better partner in crime.

They were sold out of many things, but my friend and I got to sample various products. The tasso was amazing, and we had a little artisanal bread for munching thin slices. The andouille very tasty. The aquavit-glazed gravlax, also amazing. We had a cured fatback that was off-menu, which I diced and fried for green lentils, wild and brown rice, a bit of onion and garlic, and some carrot. The duck wings, I tossed with a little olive oil, and baked in a hot oven for about 7 minutes a side. They were delicious. My friends who live a short drive away will be back, frequently, I'm sure. At about 140 miles away, I'll make the trip less frequently.

Nice to see something like this come to fruition.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.
nuynai
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nuynai » Sat Mar 24, 2012 19:51

Have to give those young folks credit. Opening a business in today's economy is tough enough. Seems like they hit the ground running and won't have to look back. I'm sure, that in a few years, they'll be expanding. All the support they've got from everyone here has only helped them on their way and removed their fears. Good work guys.