Jason & Carolina In The News!

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Jason & Carolina In The News!

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu May 10, 2012 02:53

Hallellujah and Yee Haw! Our buddy Jason Story (Story28) and fiance' Carolina Gomez have some terrific photos and information posted in the Washington Post! I've spoken with Jason and Carolina at length a few times and their business is off to a terrific start in D.C. These are two of the sweetest kids in America and as they carve out a life and business together, I hope they know how much support they have behind them. Go kids, go! Well done.

Here's a link to the Washington Post photos... don't miss 'em!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle ... story.html

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Fri May 11, 2012 08:18, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Devo
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Devo » Thu May 10, 2012 04:19

Yes learning the art is one thing and than taking it to the streets to earn a living is such a big step. I hope you have great success in all you do guys and don't forget the little people, you know CW gets a little upset when his name is not light up :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu May 10, 2012 04:29

I am most pleased to read the good reports of the success of Jason and Carolina. Opening a food business is probably the toughest job that anyone can endeavor and these two people have done it with class and charm. This is wonderful!!!!!
Ross- tightwad home cook
HamnCheese
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by HamnCheese » Thu May 10, 2012 13:34

Congratulations, Jason and Carolina!
Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
Stanislaw Lec
Blackriver
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Blackriver » Thu May 10, 2012 20:12

Good for you Jason and Carolina!
Dave Zac
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dave Zac » Thu May 10, 2012 23:35

Glad to see you continue to grow Jason and Carolina. Congratulations
DLFL
Passionate
Passionate

Post by DLFL » Thu May 10, 2012 23:50

I really enjoyed the write up of their shop and efforts. All my best to your continued success and learning!
Dick

Never quit learning!
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Fri May 11, 2012 01:05

I also enjoyed reading about their success!

Jason has a lot of experience and with this good a start they are bound to build a growing business.
Ron
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Fri May 11, 2012 01:30

Congratulations and continued success J & C !!! Its fun watching you both succeed from your hard work !!
story28
Passionate
Passionate

Post by story28 » Fri May 11, 2012 06:07

Wow. Thank you all for the tremendous amount of collective support! This is a great group of people we have on this forum and this is a very important place so people like us to talk and share ideas.

I haven't been able to participate as much lately, but I will help grow the knowledge base here however I can. I am only a PM away.

And, thank you CW for answering the hundreds of tedious sciency mumbo jumbo questions of mine. The shop wouldn't be what it is without your help throughout the last fifteen months.
vagreys
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by vagreys » Fri May 11, 2012 07:37

I got to meet Jason f2f not too long after the Post was there for their interview. He gave me a nice tour of the shop. I bring a friend or two, and stop in when I'm up there and make sure to get a little extra of what's available to share. Folks are hooked from Silver Spring to Herndon to Richmond, now, and spreading. Fine product and a fine couple. Just finished a Saucisse d'Alsace, as a matter of fact, and am addicted to their tasso and ventreche.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.