"Disclaimer Container" - Where Did My Post Go?

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Post by markjass » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:44

Missed all of this until today. My heart has sunk. Have read the last few pages and my heart his risen again.
Do no harm. Margerine is the biggest food crime
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Mon Sep 22, 2014 23:11

Does anybody know what's happening to Chuckwagon? I hope He's fine.
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
cogboy
Frequent User
Frequent User

CW, El ducko and Sawhorseray AWOL

Post by cogboy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 23:16

Hey guys, PLEASE come back and post and share your knowledge !!!!! Dave
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Oct 10, 2014 02:29

When I first joined this forum we had a good member called the steelchef. I called him the rusty cook. He got pissed and left with a lot of dust kicked up because he had been granted an award and it was slow arriving. Sometimes people are more sensitive than we may realize. This forum has great value but like a good marriage it will also have some difficult times and then we will learn more about who values what.
Ross- tightwad home cook
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Fri Oct 10, 2014 06:29

ssorllih wrote: Sometimes people are more sensitive than we may realize. This forum has great value but like a good marriage it will also have some difficult times and then we will learn more about who values what.
True friendship is much like a good marriage, a person sticks with their partner thru "difficult times". Some of us are letting it be known EXACTLY what our true values are. CW built this site from the ground up, and then was just cast aside without so much as a "thank you". When you look at that "Members Recipe Index" try to think of just how much time it must have taken CW to alphabetize that and assemble it. Think of all the original recipes and health guards he was always there to provide us, and in such detail. Try to remember how encouraging he was, (and is), when we fail and don't know what to do next. I need say nothing about his tremendous sense of humor and gift for writing, the man is truly one of a kind. Sometimes you don't know what you've got till it's gone, and I hope some day the "Powers That Be" realize the mistake they made. Folks like Crusty, Ducko, and myself formed much more than just a forum relationship with CW, he's a friend, and a dammed good one. A man ain't worth sh!t if he doesn't back a friend! RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Post by markjass » Fri Oct 10, 2014 08:06

I am a newish member. I do not understand what is going on behind the scenes. All I know is that something is seriously amiss without the brethren who have guided me. If you decide to stay away, I hope not, I wish you all the best.
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Post by markjass » Fri Oct 10, 2014 08:15

I am a newish member. I do not understand what is going on behind the scenes. All I know is that something is seriously amiss without the brethren who have guided me. If you decide to stay away, I hope not, I wish you all the best and thank you for all your hard work.

Mark
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 09:59

Very Well said Ray.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

cryptic

Post by el Ducko » Fri Oct 10, 2014 17:16

Thanks for the sentiment.

...been away. It's migratory season. (Ducks DO that, ya know.) We've been to Colombia, Miami, North Carolina, Texas (twice), Colorado, Arkansas... WooHoo! ...makes my head spin.

So lock your door at night, Kiddies. ...might just show up at the back entrance, looking for a handout. ...sausage, of course.

Things will be back to normal before you know it. Maybe. Maybe not. Meanwhile, pass your sausages toward the aisles, where our somewhat-friendly staff will collect them and devour, er, dispose of them reverently and properly. That way, no one gets hurt during the feeding-frenzy, uh, rest of the show.

Which, by duh way, may or may not go on, depending on a few issues, health and otherwise. We'll see. 'tain't my call. ...might be a duck call. Yikes! ...can't be too careful, these days.

Best regards as always,
Duk
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Fri Oct 10, 2014 18:18

Its just a shame that Redzed was not welcomed to the TEAM of moderators like CW was.

http://www.wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=4887
Rick
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Rick » Fri Oct 10, 2014 20:06

Well I certainly hope there are no hard feelings behind the scenes here. I've received a lot of help from you folks, probably more than I deserve. In that sense I'm beholding to all of you for your friendship and help.

This forum has always been my #1 go to place for sausage questions, as I think it's the best forum going on the subject.

Here's to hoping that differences, should there be any, get worked out and we continue to be the best sausage forum going!

Rick
rgauthier20420
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by rgauthier20420 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 20:50

All of the ambiguous talk about everything is kind of annoying. I remember the thread from before about CW leaving....and now another thread about other mods (CW included) being MIA. What the hell is going on? This forum has been a wealth of knowledge since I began making my own sausage, but I must say all of this beat around the bush talk is getting on my nerves.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Fri Oct 10, 2014 23:03

Bob K wrote:Its just a shame that Redzed was not welcomed to the TEAM of moderators like CW was.
Heck Bob, I've got nothing against Chris at all. Fact is I think he's a great guy and a very knowledgeable and talented charcuterist.

I've always been a guy who never really cared much for half hour sitcoms with canned laughter. Years back on a trip to Ixtapa, the resort we were staying at had about thirty stations available on the TV set in our room, but only three of them were in English. One of the English speaking stations had the show "Two and a Half Men" on every day for a couple of hours straight. After being exposed to it a few times I actually began to like the show and started watching the new episodes after we returned to the states. All of a sudden there was a big flap and Charlie Sheen, the star of the show, was let go and replaced by Ashton Kutcher. It was the same format on the same channel and most likely had the same writers as before, just with a different guy in the starring role. I tuned in a couple of times and the show seemed much different to me, just wasn't the same anymore. I'm sure the producers didn't care what I or anyone else thought when they made the change. Heck, it's their show and I remember hearing it was the number one show in the country for a couple of years. I still watch TV, tho I haven't watched that show for so long now I don't even know if it's still on, because the guy that made that show what it was, was no longer there. I still stuff, smoke, and bake, I just no longer post my efforts on the site, because the guy who made this site, and made it happen, is no longer here. RAY

PS Bob: I finally got around to making a batch of your #1 clear flour rye bread last week. Great recipe, a real keeper :wink:
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Oct 11, 2014 02:56

Scroll down to the bottom the main forum page. Locate the line with the word moderator. Click on that word and you will see there are 5 individuals there with the title moderator. In fact, until a few weeks ago, there were six names there. Chuckwagon is still there. And if you check any of his posts he is a "Senior Moderator". I have not been advised by anyone that anything has changed.
grasshopper
Passionate
Passionate

Post by grasshopper » Sat Oct 11, 2014 04:01

I say a prayer every morning. Lord put your right hand on my shoulder to guide me and your left hand over my mouth. Only sometimes works. CW is my anchor in sausage making and seem like we lost it. Just floating around now. I just lost interest.