Introducing myself to the forum

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
laripu
User
User

Introducing myself to the forum

Post by laripu » Tue Jul 31, 2012 23:16

This is my first post to this forum. The web page and the forum look like a treasure trove of information (and chock-full of nice people).

I'm a newbie sausage maker, with only four 5-lb batches made. All the recipes were variants of ones I found on the main web-site. From what I can see, I'll learn a lot here.

My other interests: I've been a homebrewer for 22 years (18 years all-grain). I've made wine, mead, and chevre-style goat cheese. I'm currently reading the new book on fermentation by Sandor Katz, and I'll eventually make kimchi and sauerkraut.

Can you tell I like to eat? :wink:

Oh, and I'm originally Canadian, but living in Tampa for the last 15 years, and a US citizen. :grin:
"Dort, wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen." - Heinrich Heine
HamnCheese
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by HamnCheese » Wed Aug 01, 2012 01:00

Welcome, Laripu -

You're gonna like it here! These are some of the nicest, smartest and most generous people you can find on the subject of sausage and food.

There are no silly questions here - only really terrific answers.

Lynn
Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
Stanislaw Lec
JerBear
Passionate
Passionate

Post by JerBear » Wed Aug 01, 2012 01:27

Welcome Laripu,

You've talked us up pretty good, I hope we can rise to the occasion and provide you the information you need to keep your habit active.

Best,

JerBear
laripu
User
User

Post by laripu » Wed Aug 01, 2012 01:40

Thanks for the welcomes. :smile:

I'm sure I'll have questions... and I'm not afraid of looking stupid by asking.

Maybe in time I'll have something to contribute too.

(Actually, if you want to know about homebrew, I can contribute... but that's an entirely different forum.)
"Dort, wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen." - Heinrich Heine