We're still in it!!!

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

We're still in it!!!

Post by sawhorseray » Wed Jan 15, 2014 06:43

With a great start to the new year. Woke up the wife early Sunday morning and much to her surprise had her loaded and going over the hill to Reno in no time. Last year I'd hit a couple of jackpots for $15K and $12.5 K, the gaming box was brimming. The wife was trying to have a good argument with me during the two hour drive over the hill to Reno, I'd taken half the years winnings. Hit Reno before 9am Sunday morning and threw down on the Mighty Niners, a real nice chunk of change. I've never in my life seen my wife so into a football game, hot as a fire-cracker, a tremendous victory for our team. Now I'm done for this years football betting, I will be a MAJOR winner and will just hope my team goes on to victory. Go Niners, America hates the Seahawks! I do have pork belly brining right now in the fridge, but not all that much seems important right now. Of course I hope more than anything in life we beat the Seahags, but I'd never bet a nickel on that. GO NINERS!!! RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jan 16, 2014 16:50

Well I'm happy for your success Ray. All I know, is spring training is right around the corner and your baseball team is always hot. Now that Tim Linsicum cut his hair, will he be like Samson and lose his ability to throw his curve, or will he still burn in his fast ball at 98 MPH? :mrgreen:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Thu Jan 16, 2014 20:47

Chuckwagon wrote:Well I'm happy for your success Ray. All I know, is spring training is right around the corner and your baseball team is always hot. Now that Tim Linsicum cut his hair, will he be like Samson and lose his ability to throw his curve, or will he still burn in his fast ball at 98 MPH? :mrgreen:
Little Timmy hasn't hit 98mph for about four years now, when he's on and trying to rip it he might hit 94 every now and then. He's turned into a pitcher more than a thrower the last couple of years and my crowd is expecting we'll field a decent team this year. Posey will be Posey, maybe the Panda won't arrive at camp weighing 300 pounds, and our new left fielder works out we'll be OK. The hated Dodgers and all the dough they have to spend will be real tough competition. Of course nothing is more important than this Sunday afternoon! No bets, just had a feeling last week that worked out. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”