Hot Dog/Frankfurter emulsion

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Hot Dog/Frankfurter emulsion

Post by crustyo44 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 20:03

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... -this.html

A nice emulsion that's all. What it's in it is another matter!!!!!!!
Cheers,
Jan.
redzed

Post by redzed » Fri Mar 21, 2014 20:45

Doesn't look too bad to me! But I guess it's a shock to the unwashed who all along thought that the hot dogs were made out of prime rib, pork tenderloins, and free range chicken breasts. Some were probably even more shocked that some bovine or pocine had to be slaughtered so that they can have something to slather mustard on. :grin:

BTW Crusty, what kind of stuff are reading anyway?
IdaKraut
Passionate
Passionate

Post by IdaKraut » Fri Mar 21, 2014 21:26

Did you guys catch the company that was making this slop: John Morrell Company?

They make the worst hot dogs in the USA; or at least in the price range that they charge for their awful crap. I quit buying any of these "mechanically separated chicken", etc. sausages after learning what that actually involves. I wouldn't even feed this crap to my dogs.
Rudy
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 09:51

Hi Red,
You can sleep easy, I only saw this on another forum. I only read proper charcuterie books!!!!
What caught my eye was the dried muck and crust on the rim of the vat and the shit pipe that deposited the slurry.
What also is happening in the EU is that "Pink Slime" is being used in sausages. It's all above board and legal as it is 100% meat.
It's the residual meat that is blasted of every animal bone by high pressure water jets. Bagged and sold to sausage manufacturers.
On that Note,
Cheers,
Jan.