NEW GUY

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
SPARKIE

NEW GUY

Post by SPARKIE » Sat Apr 05, 2014 19:35

Hi one and all , thanks Chuckwagon for the greeting.

I am brand new (this is the third time that i am trying to post a message) on this site.
I have been looking in from time to time over the last two years or so , but i have only now decided to join up.

I was one of those "know it all's " , who decided to bypass all the "useless" information available and go directly to the recipe section and what followed was one disaster after another (must have been dud recipes !!!).

I then decided to call an all stop to trying to produce the holy grail of sausages and tried to "educate " myself (a hell of a job !!!) and not being a very good student it has taken longer than expected. I now feel that it is time to get things moving , i have been very busy planning the controls (electronic and software) that i am going to be using in the curing, fermentation and storing chambers and i am busy with my plans for a smoker.

Being an electrician has been of great help in understanding what is going to be needed in terms of cooling,heating humidification and air changes and i think that i have come up with some good stuff. There are going to be some disasters but i think i have done the right thing by pulling back and starting from scratch.

I am hoping to start the actuall construction work over the next few months and if all goes well with the testing then i think i will start with my first batch towards the end of the year (will keep you posted , hopefully with some nice photos)

I have loads of questions, but that is for later when i actully start .

Cheers for now
Preperation, Patience and above all Perseverance
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 20:03

Sparkie,
Welkom bij die forum. Ask as many questions possible, we have some knowledgeable people here.
Most of us are still learning, just like you.
Cheers,
JAN.