Cookin' in Phoenix

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Cookin' in Phoenix

Post by sawhorseray » Sun Apr 27, 2014 18:58

Last night I whipped up dinner for eight in my wife's cousins kitchen. I brought a big bag of the crab-shrimp ravioli I'd made awhile back, along with three packs of wild hog Italian sausage and some of my smoked salmon for hors'du orves (sp) Earlier in the day I'd made a batch of rolls using Ross' scalded flour method, formed into little dinner rolls. I webbered the sausage in the backyard and had them in the oven on warm while rattling the pots and pans to turn out some fresh asparagus and Alfredo sauce for the ravs. It was a great dinner and I was almost embarrassed by the constant flow of compliments from my wife's relatives, we all sat and ate till everyone was belt-poppin' full. Some of the conversation at dinner centered around bread making, and of course sausage and meat smoking. We take off for home in the morning and the boss has given me the go ahead to order some S.F. sourdough starter and clear #1 flour from King Arthur as soon as we get back. The leftover sausage I had, two, worked pretty darned well for brekky omlets this morning too. It'll be good to get back home and sleep in my own bed tomorrow night. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 03:58

to visit my wife's cousin, it'll be fun to watch her try to keep her mouth shut. :mrgreen: RAY
Yeah, but what about your wife's cousin? Enquiring minds want to know! :roll:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Apr 28, 2014 04:15

Ray, We may have been cut from the same plank. I learned a long time ago that at family gatherings the most peaceful place in the house was the kitchen.
Ross- tightwad home cook
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Apr 28, 2014 07:48

Ray do you hire out? I'm looking for someone with credentials resembling yours, to take over for me at our annual Canada Day barbecue? For a change, it would be my turn to relax. visit and Image
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Tue Apr 29, 2014 17:43

No problem Chris, I come with references! After my carpenter days were over I learned how to use a computer and worked as a bid coordinator for a large construction company. For six years every December we had huge company party for 130 carpenters, laborers, and office personnel. I deep-fried a dozen turkeys with four pots going simultaneously and worked a drum BBQ full of sausage. That was back in the days I was whacking so many wild hogs I could bring a shopping back full of my sausage to the party just for kicks. Man, it was great to get back home and sleep in my own bed last night. Today I have to go shopping, make some bread, and get all set to watch the Warriors and Giants games tonight. Most important of all, I have to go get our Booboo dog out of the slammer right now! RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”