Just joined - wanted to say Howdy!

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Fri May 09, 2014 18:07

I wonder if there's such a thing as an old newbie? Maybe I'm a "rank amateur" (rank as in "something that smells bad?" ...or like in the military, having "date of rank" on somebody?")

At any rate, I have learned more from this forum than I ever thought possible about sausage making (yeah, it's easy and yeah, there's a whole lot MORE to learn).

Ol' CW is a real font of knowledge ("spews and spurts a lot," or "has a wealth of information which he readily shares"). We owe him, and all the folks behind this website, a great deal. (As in Elvis saying "ThankYuh, ThankYuh Vurrah much.")

...and thanks to all us newbies and not-so-newbies for asking the right questions, and all the oldies for answering 'em. Don't forget: ("There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers," and also, "Thank you for contributing your 'fair share,' and please keep it up!")
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat May 10, 2014 08:57

Tasso wrote:
I've been reading the first B thread with interest, and I'll soon be reading the B2 thread as well. I am in awe of the depth and thoroughness of instruction that Chuckwagon undertakes in those threads. The results obtained by participants testifies to the effectiveness of the regimen. I'm certain there is no other forum on the internet that undertakes to educate newbies so well.
Thanks for the nice words pal! :wink: Makes a moderator's job worth every minute. Glad I could help. Your fellow Texan (El DuckO [Russ]) and I are very good friends although we shoot each other down quite often in "Duck Hunting". Russ got his doctorate so long ago, it might have been during the antediluvian period! :roll:
We're glad to have you with us on Wedliny Domowe pal!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Tasso
User
User

Post by Tasso » Sat May 10, 2014 18:26

And I'm glad to be a part of the WD brand! You've all made me feel very welcome.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat May 10, 2014 23:03

What town are you in Tasso?
Dang, that a big state you live in! That Duck-Quack partner of yours says he's from the central-northern part of southeast western Texas! :roll:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Tasso
User
User

Post by Tasso » Sat May 10, 2014 23:44

I'm in the central-northern part of Dallas, which might not be all that far, in Texan terms, from the central-northern part of southeast western Texas. I could be in Duck's territory. It's hard to be sure about the distance when you consider that there are a number of different states that you could drop into the space between Dallas and Austin, and those two towns are just not that far apart!
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

spare change?

Post by el Ducko » Sun May 11, 2014 18:04

Tasso wrote:I'm in the central-northern part of Dallas, which might not be all that far, in Texan terms, from the central-northern part of southeast western Texas. I could be in Duck's territory. It's hard to be sure about the distance when you consider that there are a number of different states that you could drop into the space between Dallas and Austin, and those two towns are just not that far apart!
Yeah, we tried dropping a few states into the void between SMU and THE University of Texas, but somehow the wind carries 'em over to the Bryan - College Station area, where they pile up and form Aggie-land from the wreckage. (Notice the preponderance of fast food joints. ...not a decent sausage place among 'em.)

We tried building a money magnet at Waxahatchie, figuring that the Super Conducting Super Collider would be super, but it got cancelled. (...something to do with proximity to Baylor?) Now that the Higgs Boson has been detected by those pesky Europeans, maybe we'll try again to detect the Bozo Higgzon or somethin'. (...and drop it on College Station? ...during whoever it is that they play football against on Thanksgiving, nowadays?)

Change is difficult to accept, sometimes. Hook 'em!

Duk
Chairman, Department of Redundancy Department
The University of Northern South Texas at Swinney Switch
(Ask about our "Easy Payments for Life and Beyond" tuition program)

:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon May 12, 2014 16:35

Dang Rabid Duck!