Sawhorse Ray's New Canoe!

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Tue Jul 29, 2014 01:18

Bob K wrote:Where is the lettuce and Tomatoes from the garden? :shock:
All I really want on my burger in a thick slice of onion, if I want some salad I'll make one on the side. The burger the way it is makes it still possible to take a bite, tho one does have to "open wide"! :lol:

I got rid on my big boat a couple years back, too big to stay at my house or launch at a lot of lakes, and now I live too far from the ocean to make it worthwhile. My body doesn't like the pounding the ocean dishes out these days much either, and having to wash off all the saltwater after a three hour drive home was getting a bit much. The new boat will fit in my garage, fish the Sacto river which is ten minutes from my house, and fit into just about any lake easily. I kept my old boat in great shape, it killed a lot of fish in the ocean, just too far away now. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
two_MN_kids
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by two_MN_kids » Tue Jul 29, 2014 03:09

Nice rig, Ray! Have a great time, and stay safe. Bound to see more smoked fish pictures now, I expect.

Jim
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Tue Jul 29, 2014 21:35

two_MN_kids wrote:Nice rig, Ray! Have a great time, and stay safe. Bound to see more smoked fish pictures now, I expect.Jim
That was my old boat. Going to pick up the new one tomorrow, seven hour drive, will be back Thursday night. Next Tuesday the new boat has a appointment to get the auxilary motor (Suzuki 6hp), fish-finde-GPS, and downrigger bases installed. Then we're cooking with gas! We plan to take a tour of the giant redwood forest, it's right on the drive there. RAY

http://aveofthegiants.com/
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Jul 30, 2014 01:32

OK! When we goin' fishin'? Makin' kabanosy today and I'll bring them along. And there is that Luksusowa that has an upcoming expiry date....
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Wed Jul 30, 2014 16:35

redzed wrote:OK! When we goin' fishin'? Makin' kabanosy today and I'll bring them along. And there is that Luksusowa that has an upcoming expiry date....
I'll be fishing a week from right now, come on down Chris! Load up the kabanosy and head south down I-5 for about 900 miles, we're right past Sacramento. I'll have some cold beer and kolbasz for starters, then fire up the weber for some hog sausage, maybe a hipshot burger if you like. If you wait about six weeks the salmon run up the Sacto river should be in full swing, 15 minutes from my house, I'll be going every day! RAY
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 02:40

Oh, it's certainly a tough life!
Sawhorse... you can't take off yet! You haven't done yer' chores! Now milk those cows, and turn the water intp the north pasture. Next round up the snuffies and feed 'em. Get ten saddled and ready to go. Repair that south gate and haul some salt licks out to the herd. And that new fangled canoe will just have to wait a day while you drag some poles down out of the canyon. Now get busy! You've also got cows to brand today! And quit that sulking! You're a big boy!
Fishing indeed! :roll:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Jul 31, 2014 05:56

Ray, don't listen to CW. I think you have your priorities set in the right order and all your ducks in neat row. A man's gotta go fishin'. Let Cw dance around the cow pies all on his own!
Now if it wasn't for that 900 mile stretch down the I5, I'd be there to help you chriten the new ship and put her into the water!
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Fri Aug 01, 2014 15:46

Chuckwagon wrote:Oh, it's certainly a tough life!
Sawhorse... you can't take off yet! You haven't done yer' chores! Now milk those cows, and turn the water intp the north pasture. Next round up the snuffies and feed 'em. Get ten saddled and ready to go. Repair that south gate and haul some salt licks out to the herd. And that new fangled canoe will just have to wait a day while you drag some poles down out of the canyon. Now get busy! You've also got cows to brand today! And quit that sulking! You're a big boy! Fishing indeed! :roll:
I've been retired for over seven years now and a lot of what you're talking about sounds like work. Besides, I wouldn't know what a "snuffies" was, what it ate, if I liked it alive, or on a plate! :mrgreen: Brutal drive home and all is well, today is the Boo's eighth birthday. Forecast calls for 106° here today, perfect for some micro-zapped smoked kolbasz and a couple of ice-cold beers in front of the big screen. Porterhouse steak for dinner, Boo gets the bone. RAY