Spices

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Bob K

Spices

Post by Bob K » Sat Sep 20, 2014 20:07

For spices I use a lot of I order from TSM or Butcher& Packer in the larger more economical quantities.

I recently have used these folks for smaller quantities of spices and herbs that I don't use a lot of or just want to try.

Excellent quality and service.

Free shipping (US) and you get a free sample (your choice from list) with each order.

Great way to try different stuff.

http://www.myspicesage.com/
Darwin
User
User

Post by Darwin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 23:24

I like Spice Sage also, reasonable prices, good products and quality. Amazon also has a good selection as does a few of my local ethnic markets. Always looking for more choices tho... :wink:
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Sep 20, 2014 23:51

In Canada there is a chain called Bulk barn. I love the place as they have every spice I have ever needed, and I don't need to buy Costco sizes. They also have items like soya protein powder, buttermilk powder and all kinds of flours and nuts (except hazel nuts so I can make a noisette :sad: ). It's a sausage makers and bakers one-stop shopping paradise. They also often have coupons and geezer dicount days. :lol:
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Post by markjass » Sun Sep 21, 2014 01:38

I am very fortunate that within the city I can get almost any herbs or spices that I want. Good quality Hungarian Paprika is a no go. Having said that I find it very frustrating and surprising that certain things are very difficult to get hold of. It is only recently that I have been able to get cure #2.
Do no harm. Margerine is the biggest food crime
Darwin
User
User

Post by Darwin » Sun Sep 21, 2014 01:56

redzed wrote:In Canada there is a chain called Bulk barn. ...
I just looked them up, all are north of the border :cry:
They do have DILL PICKLE POPCORN SEASONING that I know a few friends would like. :mrgreen: I will make sure to stop by if I get up north.
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Sep 21, 2014 06:15

Darwin wrote:
redzed wrote:In Canada there is a chain called Bulk barn. ...
I just looked them up, all are north of the border :cry:
They do have DILL PICKLE POPCORN SEASONING that I know a few friends would like. :mrgreen: I will make sure to stop by if I get up north.
Darwin, half the population of Canada winters in your neighbourhood, just ask them to bring you a bag! :lol: