Brain Flatulence

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Butterbean

Brain Flatulence

Post by Butterbean » Sun Jun 05, 2016 16:56

I thought it might be funny to document examples of epic fails that happen while processing meat. Not sure if anyone else suffers from brain flatulence but in the event no one else does I'll surely be able to fill this thread with my epic fails.

To begin, I thought I'd make some of Chris's Salami di Cervo this weekend. Studied the ingredients and the process and knew I had everything on hand. Once things were nearing the stuffing stage I found myself lacking beef middles when I KNEW I had some. Looked everywhere but to no avail. Ended up improvising and got everything done and was putting things away when I spied a small tub in the fridge. Opened it and YES - there they were. I'm so stupid. :oops:
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Sun Jun 05, 2016 18:19

Wasn't your fault. Somebody moved it :evil: :grin:. In my house it was always Mr. Nobody
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Sun Jun 05, 2016 18:35

Bob K wrote:Wasn't your fault. Somebody moved it :evil: :grin:. In my house it was always Mr. Nobody
:lol: I think you are right. Its those mischievous elves. Same ones who put salt in my sugar container. You got watch out or they will pull one over on you.
LOUSANTELLO
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by LOUSANTELLO » Mon Jun 06, 2016 03:21

I won't ask what the improvising was. Hopefully not a nylon stocking :mrgreen:
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Mon Jun 06, 2016 04:16

Lou, you ought not be putting ideas like that in my head.
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Jun 06, 2016 04:44

Hey it happens! I once made garlic sausage and forgot the garlic! :???: Misplacing things is a daily occurrence for me, I am regularly late for appointments because I can't find my wallet, keys or credit card. Over a year ago I lost the air valve on my stuffer after taking it apart for washing. Spent hours searching for it and it was never found. I had to to be creative and make one, which for a techno peasant like me was not an easy thing to do.