Northeastern US Storm & Canada

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Northeastern US Storm & Canada

Post by Kijek » Fri Mar 02, 2018 19:15

North Eastern US is getting hit today with a big Nor'Easter, very high winds along the Connecticut - Long Island sound coast.
Stamford Ct, my City, rain, wind, mixed snow, trees down with power outages, nothing too major yet.
Hows everyone else making out?
BobK, you ok up in the north corner Ct?
DanMcG
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by DanMcG » Fri Mar 02, 2018 20:42

16" of snow and no end in sight.
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Fri Mar 02, 2018 21:23

Wow 16 inches damn, our big issue is only the high winds, now causing major problems with trees down and power outages.
I'm good, I have automatic generator. :mrgreen:
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Sat Mar 03, 2018 13:44

2 miles the the East and West got hammered with slush and snow we got a dusting. a few hundred feet in elevation can make a huge difference
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Sat Mar 03, 2018 15:28

To summarize; This was a major storm for the Fairfield County area with Stamford Ct getting more then it fair share of it.
Heavy rains thought the day with occasional snow mixed in, no accumulation, however, major flooding and road closures due to the flooding.
Super high winds boosting between 50 & 60mi an hour, ripped though, blew down trees all over the city, and taking power lines and causing a major power outage for the City, unknown when all power will be restored. I'm lucky, still have power.
With the high winds causing most of the problems, it also inflicted heavy damages to homes and buildings with roofs being ripped off, there was one commercial build that lost it's roof and the brick side wall collapsed.
I fatality happened in Stamford from the storm, when a car traveling on RT 15 (Merritt Parkway)
was struck by a falling tree and the driver was killed.
Clean up is still on going.