Still alive, and making sausage

CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Still alive, and making sausage

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Mon Dec 10, 2012 06:11

Hey Chuckwagon! You miss me? :mrgreen:

Life has been a bit hectic for the last year with work, health, and family taking priority over the hobbies.

But, I'm back in sausage making and BBQ mode finally!

I figured if I was going to stock the freezer I may as well go big. Like grandpa always told me; if yer gonna be a bear, ya may as well be a grizzly"! :lol:

This weekend I made 18 pounds of potatis korv (Swedish potato sausage), 28 pounds of boudain, 6 pounds of my beef Italian sausage, and 14 pounds of different types of breakfast sausage.

I started Saturday morning at 0630 Texas time, stopped at 0100 Sunday morning, and was back at it at 0900. It's now 2300 Sunday night and I finished everything about an hour ago!

Only got one picture since I was working alone, but I sure had a good time and had almost forgotten how much fun this is!

The pic below is of me getting my twist on with the potato sausage.

Again, I apologize for my sudden departure, and I'll try and be a bit more regular on here!

Charlie
Cranky Buzzard
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:15

Chaaaalie Taylor, you ol' Cranky Buzzard! Where have you been? In jail? :mrgreen: We sent a search party out after you but they didn't show back up either! We wondered if the world really was flat after all, and thought perhaps all you folks went to a big barbecue over the edge! :roll:
It's nice to hear from you Cranky and we hope all is well. You have some mail waiting for you at the Barbecue Workshop.
I hope all your clothes smell like hickory smoke and your breath like garlic! :wink:

P.S. Some of the new folks here might be interested in Charlie's "Barbecue Workbook" in the Barbecue forum. Here's a quick link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=4963

Best Wishes ol' pal,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Fri Dec 14, 2012 02:16

Chuckwagon wrote:Chaaaalie Taylor, you ol' Cranky Buzzard! Where have you been? In jail? :mrgreen: We sent a search party out after you but they didn't show back up either! We wondered if the world really was flat after all, and thought perhaps all you folks went to a big barbecue over the edge! :roll:
It's nice to hear from you Cranky and we hope all is well. You have some mail waiting for you at the Barbecue Workshop.
I hope all your clothes smell like hickory smoke and your breath like garlic! :wink:

P.S. Some of the new folks here might be interested in Charlie's "Barbecue Workbook" in the Barbecue forum. Here's a quick link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=4963

Best Wishes ol' pal,
Chuckwagon
Well Chuck old buddy, the S&R Team members were drafted into the BBQ Team! Once we started pulling the mesquite and hickory trees up by the roots we had the earth well rounded! :lol:

About to hit the BBQ forum a bit and see what's out there, and will be making more sausage this weekend. Fed 18 pounds of the potatis korv to the folks at work this week and have more requested from family for the holidays.

Also, I have a couple of ideas in the works for some "strange" sausage types! Be prepared!

Charlie
Gray Goat
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Gray Goat » Thu Dec 27, 2012 23:28

Great to hear from you Charlie, the sausages look great :grin:
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Fri Dec 28, 2012 07:01

Gray Goat wrote:Great to hear from you Charlie, the sausages look great :grin:
Hey you old Goat, good to hear from you as well!

Been crazy but back in the saddle, or is that the grinder, oh well... :razz:

Charlie