High praise for authors

Something you do or don't like? Let us know. This is also the place for questions regarding this forum.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

High praise for authors

Post by ssorllih » Thu May 31, 2012 03:21

I believe that I have made sausage from about twenty recipes from the book "The Home production of Quality Meats and Sausages" with variations on several of them. I have received praise from people that have eaten them and have not gotten any negative comment about any of them. That is high praise for the authors and thier attention to detail in their work. Thank you Stanley and Adam.
Last edited by ssorllih on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Darthfrog
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Darthfrog » Thu May 31, 2012 03:43

High praise indeed. We're always pleased when others enjoy the output of our passion. And usually we're our own harshest critic, for we know the flaws and errors that others don't.

What would you say were the top five recipes that enjoyed the most?

--
Cheers,
Rob
I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu May 31, 2012 03:51

What would you say were the top five recipes that enjoyed the most?
That is a terrific question. I would like to hear Ross' answer to that one too.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu May 31, 2012 03:57

Breakfast sausage, made several times. Italian sausage, made two or three times. Ham sausage smoked, made twice. Charice, made once. Loukanika made with deer instead of lamb, made once. made boudin with duck and chicken livers and chicken muscle and fat. That was good.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu May 31, 2012 04:01

And your favorite is.....?
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu May 31, 2012 04:02

I made Russian sausage twice and I believe that it is the cardamon that puts me off others seem to like it.
Ross- tightwad home cook
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu May 31, 2012 05:53

ssorllih wrote:I made Russian sausage twice and I believe that it is the cardamon that puts me off others seem to like it.
I once tried cardamon in a version of Krakowska and also did not like it. The next time I added coriander and it was superb! One of my best batches.

I have to get that book. So far I have been relying on Marianski's Polish sausage bible and Rytek's compilation. Lots of stuff on the net but it's nice to have the book in your hand. Great bed-time reading!
toolmann
User
User

Post by toolmann » Fri Jul 20, 2012 01:51

redzed wrote:
ssorllih wrote:I made Russian sausage twice and I believe that it is the cardamon that puts me off others seem to like it.
I once tried cardamon in a version of Krakowska and also did not like it. The next time I added coriander and it was superb! One of my best batches.

I have to get that book. So far I have been relying on Marianski's Polish sausage bible and Rytek's compilation. Lots of stuff on the net but it's nice to have the book in your hand. Great bed-time reading!
with cardamom , less is better !!!!