Currywurst to pork loin to Currywurst rolls

markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Currywurst to pork loin to Currywurst rolls

Post by markjass » Thu May 30, 2013 13:50

It has been a while since I have made any brats. I decided to make some currywurst's. Yesterday I made te sauce. This morning, I ground the spices. My plan was to venture out and buy some pork and do my weekly shop. I looked out of the window, the sleet/hail/rain had stopped the wind backed off and dare I say it the sun was shining.

I decided to go out for a coffee. It was such a lovely day that after that I went for a long beach walk. Concerned that I would run out of daylight (dark by 4.30pm) and it would get very cold I decided to turn back and visit the supermarket, go home, make the brats and have some tea. I got home later than expected and it was time to eat. I wanted a quick meal so I sprinkled the spice/herb mix that I was going to use in the sausages on a pork loin and direct grilled it. It was a stunner with the currywurst sauce. After tea I made the brats.

Tomorrow I am going to make some currywurst rolls. I poach a few of the sausages, make some dough, wrap the sausages in it (prior to that I will drizzel some curry sauce over the sausages). I will then glaze the rolled up sausage dough with more sauce and bake the sausage rolls.

They will make perfect snacks.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu May 30, 2013 16:26

I have wrapped uncased sausage in bread dough and baked it. Still haven't figured out how to deal with the sausage shrinking. maybe casing it will work.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu May 30, 2013 17:52

Ross, you wrote:
Still haven't figured out how to deal with the sausage shrinking.
Add a little soy protein concentrate.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu May 30, 2013 17:55

Mark wrote:
Concerned that I would run out of daylight (dark by 4.30pm) and it would get very cold
Move NORTH young man! :lol:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Thu May 30, 2013 21:14

Hi Mark,
Don't move North, move West to Australia like thousands upon thousands of other Kiwi's have done. Come to the Sub-Tropics.
Your occupation assures instant employment.
We will talk about that next Wednesday here in Brisbane.
Cheers Mate.
Jan.
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Post by markjass » Fri May 31, 2013 01:26

Hi Ross

I get around the shrinkage by poaching the sausages first. For my 12 yrd old niece I am doing a photo essay on making these sausages. I will post the pictures once I have finished

Mark
Do no harm. Margerine is the biggest food crime
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Post by markjass » Fri May 31, 2013 06:49

Well here they are:

Poached brats turned into Currwurst's in a bread roll. This is my idea of a sausage roll.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri May 31, 2013 09:44

This is my idea of a sausage roll.
Geeeeze! Me too. :razz:
That's magnificent!

Perhaps our new members and beginners can now see why we make our own bread, cheese, sausage, and meat products. :mrgreen: Ya just can't buy that in a grocery store!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri May 31, 2013 13:50

Mark those look terrific..
Ross- tightwad home cook