Greetings from Germany

hamschta

Greetings from Germany

Post by hamschta » Mon Sep 30, 2019 20:30

Hello Everybody,

as I just joint the forum, I‘ll to take opportunity for a brief introduction of myself.

I‘m Marko, a 40 years old guy living more or less in the middle of Germany. I found the reommendation for your side on the cover of “Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages“.
I‘m doing my own home made sausages and ham‘s since about 4 years but have been growing up with the topic in family since I can remember.
Besides my new membership here, I‘m also active member and site-admin in a German board dealing also with smoking and curing.
I‘ll be pleased if I can give you some help on our local receipes when needed/required.

Kind regards
Marko
Greetings
Marko
Butterbean

Re: Greetings from Germany

Post by Butterbean » Mon Sep 30, 2019 23:13

Welcome to the board Marko! Can't wait to learn some of your German recipes and techniques.
DanMcG
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by DanMcG » Wed Oct 02, 2019 09:23

Welcome Marko! I would love to see an authentic Nurnberg sausage recipe if you have one.
johnmac

Post by johnmac » Thu Oct 03, 2019 18:29

DanMcG wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 09:23
Welcome Marko! I would love to see an authentic Nurnberg sausage recipe if you have one.
Dan,

I've found this recipe to be very similar to the Nurnberg sausages I used to get from my local Metzger while stationed in Illesheim (between Nürnberg and Würzberg)

Classic Nürnberger Bratwürste

Add the following to one kilo of ground pork;

18g Salt
2g Ground White Pepper
0.5g Mace
g Nutmeg
1g Marjoram

Grind the meat through a 6mm or 4.5mm plate and then add all the spices and salt and mix well before passing through the grinder a second time. Stuff into sheep's casings and grill over beechwood.

Here's the link to Martin's original post of this recipe. http://forum.sausagemaking.org/viewtopic.php?t=9938
johnmac

Post by johnmac » Thu Oct 03, 2019 18:44

Welcome Marko,

Do you have any proven recipes for Bauernwurst (Haben Sie in altbewährtes Rezept für Bauernwurst)?

-Mac
hamschta

Post by hamschta » Fri Oct 04, 2019 21:13

Hi Folks,

thank you for your warm welcome.

@ Dan
Sorry but with Nürnberger I cant help you that much - so far I never did them home made. The would fall through my bbq-grill.

Cheers
Marko
Greetings
Marko