My First Lonzino

Laftpig
User
User

My First Lonzino

Post by Laftpig » Wed Jan 03, 2018 18:45

This my first attempt at making Lonzino. I made three orange Lonzino`s from recipes found on the site and three what I call regular adding the spices I like and removing the one I don`t like. I cured them at approximately 37 degrees for 14 days. I just washed and dried them. I have beef bungs soaking. My question is how long should I let them air dry? I was going to spray them with Mold 600 as nothing as every been cure in my chamber. There are also a few holes in the bungs is that ok or should I do something about them, duct tape😀?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I`m attempting to upload a picture but having a problem with that.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Wed Jan 03, 2018 19:27

Laftpig wrote:My question is how long should I let them air dry?
35-40% weight loss is a good target. Time varies, but usually 45-70 days.
Laftpig wrote: There are also a few holes in the bungs is that ok or should I do something about them
You can sew them (no kidding), the easiest way I have found is to make a patch from the excess at the ends and stick it through the hole so it covers the opening. After casing. There should only be one hole in each bung.

TRy IMGUR for pics. real easy

Good thread to look at for some info. http://www.wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
Laftpig
User
User

Post by Laftpig » Wed Jan 03, 2018 21:54

Thanks BobK

The drying time I was referring to was prior to putting into the chamber. They Seem a bit wet after casing in the bung.

I got the photos to that site easy enough; how to get to this site?
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Wed Jan 03, 2018 23:17

Really no need to let it dry first. Just click on the copy box of the BB code and paste in your post
Laftpig
User
User

Post by Laftpig » Thu Jan 04, 2018 01:10

BobK you say "Just click on the copy box of the BB code and paste in your post." I find nothing like that when trying to attach an image. I read what a bbcode is but that`s nothing I understand. I`ll just enjoy others photos. Thanks
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Thu Jan 04, 2018 01:38

The link is on IMGUR next to your photo

ON IMGUR
Where do I find the BBCode?
BBCodes are only available on the desktop website. Once you have uploaded your images, hover over an image and click "Get share links" to copy the BBCode.