Cost Of Sausage Making Equipment

DiggingDogFarm

Post by DiggingDogFarm » Fri Oct 21, 2011 01:23

Bubba wrote:In the Youtube video, one point on the air vent valve fitted in the stuffing head that he says is difficult to clean:- I keep the Acorn nut that retains the valve only hand tight, and after stuffing I loosen the nut, remove the valve and wash everything separately. Stuffing with a hand tight nut works 100%, because the nut can never fall out, it only serves as a stop to prevent the valve from dropping down.
Yeah, I didn't get his point about the check valve either.

~Martin
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Fri Oct 21, 2011 01:33

DiggingDogFarm wrote:Yeah, I didn't get his point about the check valve either.
Yes, and when I look at how the stuffing head is cast / molded with pockets, they probably did that for a reason to retain any liquid that does vent through. :smile:
Ron
partycook
User
User

Post by partycook » Fri Oct 21, 2011 03:38

Hey Martin,
My stuffer(the all stainless one on the left) is a 15 lb. and it is a few years old.I had returned a stuffer with nylon gears ( which broke after three batches) and replacement parts were unavailable from the manufacturer and the only way that they would issue a refund is if I upgraded to their more durable metal geared model. Grizzly's 15# is now249.95 and NH Northern's is 229.99. The price of equipment is increasing faster than meat prices!

John
DiggingDogFarm

Post by DiggingDogFarm » Fri Oct 21, 2011 03:55

Yeah...all I needed was the 5 lb. Even when butchering a whole hog, I make several batches of different sausages rather than a few big batches of a handful of things.
I figure that if the gears become a problem (they haven't so far, after countless batches), I can replace them with the metal gears from LEM for about $35.00

~Martin
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Oct 21, 2011 07:33

Hey Partycooker,
Your setup looks fantastic. The freezer and fridge are ideal and everything is so.... uh... clean! :shock:
Wow, you even have a spacious room with tables to make sausage. Is there a sink nearby too? And I am green with envy looking at your F.Dick 15 pounder. Just look at the heavy-duty cast gear housing assembly and steel rack. Wow, nobody makes quality stuff like that anymore.
Thanks for sharing pal.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D