Cajun Injectors or other brands

crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Cajun Injectors or other brands

Post by crustyo44 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 05:17

Hi Members,
I would like to buy a quality injector that lasts. I have been reading the feedback on Amazon about some of the rubbish for sale, disguised as quality stainless? injectors.
Can I get some recommendations from members. The Cajun injector I like is "The big Daddy" 4 oz capacity, chrome plated copper.
There is no feedback on this Cajun injector. What worries me the most is the thread on the end cap. Is it quality, made in the USA ? Most Chinese goods are a throwaway after 2 weeks of light use.
Looking forward to some honest opinions.
Thank you,
Jan.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Feb 28, 2012 05:28

Consider 120ml syringes from a medical supply company. They are used to aspirate hematomas and come with a large gauge long needle.
Ross- tightwad home cook
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 05:51

Hi Ross,
My daughter is a theatre nurse and getting these syringes is no worry at all.
I like to get the injector needles with ejector holes in the side, not available from a hospital though.
Regards,
Jan.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 07:01

Hi Crusty
A good chrome-plated brass pump has a needle with 12 holes in it and will cost you about forty bucks. Well worth the price for a good one. It also comes with a single orifice needle in case you wish to pump brine into an artery and use the artery for equal distribution. The single needle orifice was never meant to be used to inject brine into the meat unless you wish to see the seasons change and your clothes go out of style while you are taking the time to inject hundreds of holes equally throughout the meat. The pump holds 4 ounces of brine. I`ve had two of them for decades. Never had a problem with either. I always use a little lubrication on the rubber washer inside the cylinder and immediately wash, rinse, and dry them after use. I bought mine from Rytek Kutas way back when and have never had a problem with the threads.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by unclebuck » Tue Feb 28, 2012 16:21

I inherited a stainless steel injector from my late father. It has seen a lot of use while Dad had it and it is getting a workout from me. Cabela's has a plethora of injectors, including chrome plated injectors, in both 2 oz. & 4 oz. sizes. The 4 is $25., while the 2 is $20.
"What can't be smoked can't be eaten."
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Wed Feb 29, 2012 01:38

These spit Jacks are top of the line injectors and will last the normal man a life time.

http://spitjack.com/category/MEAT-BRINE-INJECTORS.html
JerBear
Passionate
Passionate

Post by JerBear » Wed Feb 29, 2012 21:19

I'm not too thrilled with the Cabela's injector my father purchased for me (see it HERE ). I have found it to be very very difficult to thread the body and top together. Also, I've had to make sure to strain anything that I'm going to inject through a triple mesh filter because it gets clogged really easily.
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 20:15

Hi,
I contacted Spitjack to buy their injector. The freight to Australia is $ 108.00. by UPS.
They never seem to have heard of the Postal Service and don't use it.
If Spitjack wants to expand their export business, they certainly need to offer several shipping options including the post.
Regards,
Jan.
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Tue Mar 06, 2012 14:49

I have one like the Big Daddy. I like it. I bought mine through Morton Salt company but they won't ship overseas. I think you might pick one up through Butcher Packer but I think you'd fair better ordering through the Canadian branch. You also might look in veterninary supply businesses. Those tube injectors are ver similar to what we use in cattle injection and I can't see why these wouldn't work other than the needles might be too small for artery injection.
Oxide
User
User

Post by Oxide » Tue Mar 06, 2012 20:22

crustyo44 wrote:Hi,
I contacted Spitjack to buy their injector. The freight to Australia is $ 108.00. by UPS.
They never seem to have heard of the Postal Service and don't use it.
If Spitjack wants to expand their export business, they certainly need to offer several shipping options including the post.
Regards,
Jan.
Have you looked on Amazon.com -- also Amazon in Australia, NZ, Japan.

http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/BUT ... g-Supplies

If that butcher supply doesn't carry Spitjack maybe they can tell you who does.
--------
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Wed Mar 07, 2012 02:30

Sorry Jan, One would think that Spitjack would be more than willing to try and give you the best price available for shipping. The company gave a $20 discount on the big spitjack kit to a forum I belong to so I assumed they were a larger company than i had assumed. I can see what i can do on this end if you want me to persue this?

Aaron