Review Speco meat grinder plates and knifes

Blackriver
Passionate
Passionate

Review Speco meat grinder plates and knifes

Post by Blackriver » Thu Apr 04, 2013 22:49

I have been looking for some high quality grinder plates and knifes. My local butcher recommended Speco knifes and plates. When I called Speco they were very nice and more than willing to answer my any of my questions. So I ordered a 3/8, 3/16, and a 1/8 and a knife for each. When I recieved them I looked and saw I made a mistake, I wanted a 1/4" instead of a 3/16". I called them and they were more than willing to exchange the 3/16" for a 1/4". I am very impressed with their customer service. They are commercial grade plates and knifes so they are suppose to hold a sharp edge for a long period of time. Speco charges $5 to have them resharpened which I thought was very resonable. They are also made in the USA. I am very happy with how they grind meat, cutting it rather than mushing. I am very pleased with Speco and just wanted others to know about them.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Apr 05, 2013 04:21

Thanks for sharing that info Scott. Do you happen to have their number? They sound like a good outfit to do business with.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Blackriver
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Blackriver » Fri Apr 05, 2013 15:08

Here is the link to their website. The contact info is on the bottom of the page.

http://speco.com/components.html
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 06, 2013 04:31

Thanks pal! :wink:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D