Summersausage and brats I made last weekend

Blackriver
Passionate
Passionate

Summersausage and brats I made last weekend

Post by Blackriver » Thu Jan 20, 2011 00:03

Well I made 12.5lbs of summer sausage this last weekend. I also made 25lbs of brats. I am very happy with how the summer sausage came out. Thank you Chuckwagon for all your help I would not have gotten to this point of sausagemaking without your help!! The only thing I have to get better at is stuffing natural casings for brats. I keep getting air in them as you can see my the pics.

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jan 20, 2011 00:45

Thanks for the kind words Scott! Very much appreciated. The photos are fantastic. It is evident you've become a first class smoke lovin', sausage stuffin', moustache lickin', meat mincer... just like the rest of us. :lol: Congrats on a job most professionally done. Those sausages make the rest of us want to improve! Keep on posting your projects. What's next?
Best wishes, Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Double R

Post by Double R » Thu Jan 20, 2011 07:07

Those sausages look real nice. I found carefully packing and filling your stuffer to avoid air pockets really helps. You can prick them with a needle also. I would say to fill a little tighter but they do look nice and plump.