SAUSAGE PHOTO GALLERY (Without Original Recipes)

JerBear
Passionate
Passionate

Post by JerBear » Fri Jun 10, 2011 05:59

NorCal Kid wrote:
JerBear wrote:I definitely don't have one but will be scouring the local thrift shops this weekend!
Dont forget Craigslist. That's where I found my vintage turkey roaster.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/hsh/2419321124.html
Nice find!!! I may have a little errand to run tomorrow!
lrdeer
Beginner
Beginner

Post by lrdeer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:59

Hey Norcal, that is a fine looking Andouille, well done. I made some myself a few weeks ago, I used Venison, not the traditional meat but it turned out just beautiful, I used my own smoked chillies, it was a hot brew even though I did cut back on the quantity, it was a very moist sausage and full of flavour, I smoked it with American Oak.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:08

Outstanding! What time do we eat?
Keep up the great work boys!
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
lrdeer
Beginner
Beginner

Post by lrdeer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:26

Really nice work NCK, you certainly give us all a birdseye view of your sausage making skills and equipment, your finished product looks first class. I am making Venison Kielbasa on Sunday and smoking it on Monday, I'll post some photos next week.
Maz
User
User

Post by Maz » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:37

Hi Norcal Kid you forgot to post the recipe for what looks to be a good sausage :sad:
Well done you are turning out an excellent sausage regarding texture etc.Something that you will not be able to buy out of a shop. :smile:
NorCal Kid
Passionate
Passionate

Post by NorCal Kid » Sun Jun 12, 2011 16:37

Maz wrote:Hi Norcal Kid you forgot to post the recipe for what looks to be a good sausage :sad:
Well done you are turning out an excellent sausage regarding texture etc.Something that you will not be able to buy out of a shop. :smile:
My apologies! & thanks for the kind words!

You can find the recipe here (plus many other great New Orleans-style recipes):
http://www.nolacuisine.com/2005/11/14/a ... ge-recipe/

*1 oz (28.35 g) of Cure #1 for each 25 lbs (11.33 kg) of meat or 0.2 oz (5.66 g) per 5 lbs (2.26 kg) of meat. I used natural pork casings, 32mm.

Kevin
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. — Hebrews 13:8
Maz
User
User

Post by Maz » Mon Jun 13, 2011 17:27

Thank you will give it a try next time I make sausge. Have heard so much about it and living where I do there is just no chance of ever getting my hands on some. :smile: We used to get a so called Russian sausage which had similar texture and was very popular, for some reason it has been replaced by an emulsified sausage which tastes like garbage.No idea how something that was so popular just fell to pieces, the first question I get asked when someone finds out that I make my own sausages is can you make Russians??? :roll:
NorCal Kid
Passionate
Passionate

Post by NorCal Kid » Mon Jun 13, 2011 22:22

Maz wrote:Thank you will give it a try next time I make sausge. Have heard so much about it and living where I do there is just no chance of ever getting my hands on some. :smile: We used to get a so called Russian sausage which had similar texture and was very popular, for some reason it has been replaced by an emulsified sausage which tastes like garbage.No idea how something that was so popular just fell to pieces, the first question I get asked when someone finds out that I make my own sausages is can you make Russians??? :roll:
Maz-

I've never tried any Russian sausages, but I did see these recipes:

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage-re ... hot-smoked

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage-re ... an-sausage

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage-re ... ow-sausage

Kevin
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. — Hebrews 13:8
Gray Goat
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Gray Goat » Tue Jun 14, 2011 02:20

Great job NorCal Kid, I loves me some Andouille Sausage and yours looks fantastic, well done :grin:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 02:25

Hey Hey Goatman! Good to see you. And may I say, you are looking well!
Glad you got your computer fixed.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Maz
User
User

Post by Maz » Tue Jun 14, 2011 18:52

Thanks Norcal have seen those, I think the original starded off looking something like that but it has evolved locally. :smile: When I get my hands on it I will make sure to post it here.It is chunky and you use pork and beef thats about it. :sad:
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 23:04

Hi Nor Cal Kid,
They are good looking sausages. Shortly I will be making them as well. I will be busy this winter. Your photos and instructions were certainly a big help.
Thank you,
Regards,
Jan.
Brisbane.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Jun 15, 2011 23:34

Jan, You reminded me . You blokes are a week away from your winter solstice. On this side we turn into Druids, paint ourselves blue, build big fires and drink lots of mead. ;)

Click On Next Page......................................................................................
Last edited by ssorllih on Wed Jun 15, 2011 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 23:49

ssorllih wrote:
On this side we turn into Druids, paint ourselves blue, build big fires and drink lots of mead.
Goodness Ross, you must be a Democrat! :lol:
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Thu Jun 16, 2011 05:18, edited 1 time in total.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Jun 16, 2011 03:22

Truth be told I don't know what I am. Part of my ancestry has been fighting illegal immigration since 1492 and part of it was the problem. But painting myself blue and chasing girls around a bonfire and a wooden stonehenge on a hot June night is one of my favorite summer parties. I just wish I could make it happen again.
Ross- tightwad home cook