SAUSAGE PHOTO GALLERY (Without Original Recipes)

Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Sun Sep 30, 2012 03:09

More samples. Click on picture to see it bigger.

Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
grasshopper
Passionate
Passionate

Post by grasshopper » Sun Sep 30, 2012 03:54

Mexican cooks often use several varieties of fresh and/or dried chiles/paprikas for one recipe, because their chief goal in chile usage is not so much heat but flavour, which varies strongly between the different varieties. The resulting flavours are very characteristic and cannot be found in any other cooking style.
Thank you ssorllih for the link. I did read it and copied pasted to txt. I liked the info above as in my mind the flavor is the key ingredient. After reading the article, Ancho might be a good choice.
CW that health food store is heavily traveled. I did to Guly'as link and bookmarked it for spices.
Thank you all, thawing the meat now.
ursula
Passionate
Passionate

project b for beginners

Post by ursula » Sun Sep 30, 2012 08:47

Hi Gulyas,
I love your vegetables! They are excellent. Your garden looks fantastic.
Now I know your secret. There is a full moon tonight. Will you sing louder?
Regards Ursula
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:32

ursula.

On clear nights, when the foxes are barking at the moon, I just whisper, so my neighborhood doesn't discover I'm nuts. :mrgreen:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 04:28

What? :roll:
On clear nights, when the foxes are barking at the moon, I just whisper, so my neighborhood doesn't discover I'm nuts.
It's too late! I already squealed on you! Your neighbors have known for some time!
Oh, and yes... do you sing in the key of B Flat? Do the foxes bark in harmony? Who plays rhythm and bass? :roll:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
lrdeer
Beginner
Beginner

Post by lrdeer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 08:23

Here is a small selection of fresh and smoked venison sausage I have made. All are made from our local Sambar Deer with around 20% pork fat added.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:42

Lyndon, those sausages look magnificent. Very uniform and nice. Looks like you've been a busy guy! Keep it up pal.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Oct 25, 2012 15:21

Wow! I am impressed! Too bad you live more than half way around the globe. I'd love to come and sample sample the goodies!
atcNick
Passionate
Passionate

Post by atcNick » Thu Oct 25, 2012 15:37

I bet these photos are illegal in some countries! HAHA! man, Im getting hungry
-Nick
Custom R&O Smoker
Cedar Smokehouse
Weber Performer
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle
Weber 18" WSM
Weber Smokey Joe
Lang 84 Deluxe w/chargriller SOLD
Cinder Block Smokehouse RETIRED
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Thu Oct 25, 2012 16:43

redzed wrote:Wow! I am impressed! Too bad you live more than half way around the globe. I'd love to come and sample sample the goodies!
Uh oh! Maybe you need to go the other (shorter) way? (Sorry about that.)

Yeah, I wish we could all figure out a way to visit each other, sample the results, play with each other's "toys"... We could learn a lot from the hands-on experience.

...so keep up the great pictures. Maybe the next i-whatevers and window-things will have taste and smell added, now that touch screens are the latest hot whiz-bang-thang. :mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Thu Oct 25, 2012 17:16

Well now......

I have my thinking cap on, and the only way I can see it is, IF there is a longer half way to get around the globe, than there MUST be a shorter one too. So I recommend to take the "shorter half".
Because it's raining outside, I'm working on my new venturi type smoker. But it's a hair better than the snow that's coming my way later.
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 08:27

Irdeer,
You have been busy, not only hunting deer but lugging it back to the 4WD and than then butchering, suasage stuffing.
Man, they look good. I can call in for a tasting, I don't live too far away and fly into Melbourne on a regular basis. I'll bring the cold beer and my smoked csabai.
Congratulations on a great job.
Regards,
Jan.
redzed

Post by redzed » Fri Oct 26, 2012 14:15

Gulyás wrote:Well now......

I have my thinking cap on, and the only way I can see it is, IF there is a longer half way to get around the globe, than there MUST be a shorter one too. So I recommend to take the "shorter half".
Because it's raining outside, I'm working on my new venturi type smoker. But it's a hair better than the snow that's coming my way later.
I always take the longer route cuz I need the exercise. :mrgreen:
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Mon Oct 29, 2012 00:09

Here's a photo of the threatened Texas Smoky Hot Links. Try 'em at http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.ph ... +hot+links
These may become my signature sausage, here at Ranchito Pequeño. ...at least until that BactoFerm goop comes.
...four hours of mesquite. Man, do they taste GREAT! :mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Cabonaia
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Lebanon Bologna

Post by Cabonaia » Thu Nov 01, 2012 01:21

Hey all - made some Lebanon bologna for the first time, using a combo of these WD recipes:

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage-re ... na-culture
http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage-re ... raditional

That is, I cured the meat in the fridge for 10 days, then added TSPX to it and the spices, incubated, then cold smoked. I am not sure if this is recommended! :mrgreen: But it came out good. And is pretty much gone. :cry: I need to improve on getting the little air bubbles out, as you will see in the photos.

And one of these days I am going to take more pictures, because I love it when OTHER people do. :roll: