Sausage "Chatter"

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 04:08

Ross, you smoking paprika wizzard!
I just had some of your smoked paprika on a bowl of Hungarian goulash! It was terrific. You sure got the spice smoked just right. The flavor is exquisite! :wink: Thanks again ol' pal.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Oct 01, 2012 04:26

Been trying to promote that idea here. Sure hope it catches on. The dried peppers are quite affordable and a couple of hours of cold smoke is easy.
Ross- tightwad home cook
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Oct 01, 2012 04:30

redzed wrote:Ross, it was not my intention for you to read the thread but just to take a peek at the picture. All I was asking was about using hot water in the sausage making process. I guess I have to make a better effort in framing my questions.
I can't feature why I would make the effort to keep the mince cold to keep the fat nice and solid and then add water hot enough to scald the hands or the meat. It is easy enough to make bad sausage without trying.
Ross- tightwad home cook
huckelberry
User
User

ooohhh yeah!

Post by huckelberry » Tue Oct 02, 2012 20:15

That looks and sounds delish. When can I go deer hunting with you?
I'll bet there are people who pay good money to go hunting and never eat that well... :grin:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Oct 03, 2012 07:26

Hey Huckelberry, are you a shooter?
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
huckelberry
User
User

shoot-n

Post by huckelberry » Wed Oct 03, 2012 17:37

I really enjoy hunting when I get the chance. One of these days I hope to be able to go for a Royal Elk!
I find the meat from elk superior to deer as well.
Not that I don't like deer meat... I enjoy that also.
I've just never gotten to hunt elk and would love to get the chance. As far as just shooting... I've got a few toys I enjoy plinking about with if that's what ya ment.
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Wed Oct 03, 2012 18:38

Those good old times.
Venison cost me about 4000 green ones per lb., I mean kg.....I guess those browning rifles did not get cheaper in the mean time eater. But when you have to have fun......
Well guns, and lots of other things that go with it....that reminds me about my dear wife.....hehe..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hey guys. Are your girlfriends expensive too ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Or only the Sultans have more than one ?

Now what about husbands ? :grin:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just one more question, whats pricier, sausage making, or hunting ? :mrgreen:
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Wed Oct 03, 2012 19:02

Hunting for meat to save money works out about the same as having a boat to save money on fish, it just don't work that way. I sold my last boat this past Xmas Eve and it was one of the happiest days of my life. No more towing to the ocean at 9mpg, launch fees, insurance, registration, property taxes, hours of cleaning as soon as I got her home. Now I just go for the day on a party boat, get just as much fresh fish to eat, and drive home in the Toyota at 35mpg. Got rid of my jeep six months before that, was nice to get some money back! RAY

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Wed Oct 03, 2012 19:14

I agree Ray.

I used to have boats too, but I cut bigger fishes from the shore, Lake Michigan. I have pictures too.
A very good friend of mine had boats with the engine size of a Boeing 747, we used to fly with.
He had 2 good days with it, the day he bought it, and the day he got rid of the @3^7*&@^7$#... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Gulyás on Wed Oct 03, 2012 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
huckelberry
User
User

toys

Post by huckelberry » Wed Oct 03, 2012 19:31

Well I still have my boat and my guns, and every time I get the chance I enjoy them. Problem is... I don't get the chance that often. Without my toys to do the things I enjoy what's the point. But to each their own.
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Wed Oct 03, 2012 19:37

When I worked, I didn't have the time to go fishing, till I learned, that I don't have time to go to work, because I have to go to fish. :mrgreen:
Beside money is good for one thing only, and that's to spend it......
Ones I was hunting, but forgot to take toilet paper, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And a friend recommended to use some of those green ones,........hehe.....to smooth......too tough.......so....what else is it good for ? :mrgreen:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But hmmm..... still better than the guy who came back all sh***ty :mrgreen:
Because he had only 90 cents.......

And the one who has 99 cents, doesn't have a dollar.
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Wed Oct 03, 2012 20:17

Once a colleague asked me why I worked so much, because I can't take it with me.....
But I told him, in that case, I'm NOT going. :mrgreen:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Oct 03, 2012 20:30

We have a cruising sailboat. Nancy calls it her little house on the water. It is a floating cabin with a different place to watch each sunset. It travels at a blistering 5 mph and when I must use the engine it delivers 20 mile per gallon. It has a complete galley and head.
Ross- tightwad home cook
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Re: toys

Post by sawhorseray » Thu Oct 04, 2012 05:29

huckelberry wrote:Well I still have my boat and my guns, and every time I get the chance I enjoy them. Problem is... I don't get the chance that often. Without my toys to do the things I enjoy what's the point. But to each their own.
Don't get me wrong. I still hunt and fish, and can do so whenever I please. After taking friends and family on my boats for the past 35 years now I just go on someone else's boat, throw down some gas money, and leave the cleaning and maintenance to someone else. When you go out 20-30 miles on the Pacific Ocean for a day your day isn't over when you get back to the dock. I don't imagine saltwater is much of a problem in Arkansas, whole different part of the planet. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Thu Oct 04, 2012 05:43

ssorllih wrote:We have a cruising sailboat. Nancy calls it her little house on the water. It is a floating cabin with a different place to watch each sunset. It travels at a blistering 5 mph and when I must use the engine it delivers 20 mile per gallon. It has a complete galley and head.
Head, bed, galley, man that's real livin'! We used to sleep in the cuddy of my last boat, the one in the pic, and my wife loved it. It was just a little too tight for me to be comfortable sleeping in it, and to go fishing for a day took about three days work. I kept it in pristine condition and was thrilled to get 2/3's of my purchase price back when it was time to let it go after seven years. It was enough boat that I went 40 miles out into the Pacific a few times for tuna, tho I never slept on it out in the ocean. Fall off out there and something will eat you, fast. RAY