Hot Dogs "Bugle Dogs"

IdaKraut
Passionate
Passionate

Post by IdaKraut » Tue Jul 03, 2012 22:26

Chuckwagon, thanks for the thorough explanation. I tend to not like the taste of soy protein concentrate and that's why I use phosphates instead. Your explanation is one that I already knew about, but wasn't completely sure about. My franks have a wonderful mouth feel and taste great. I'm just concerned if I make them again with the amount of water noted whether they will be too dry if someone heats these on the grill, oven, or skillet.

"eleemosynary", wow, haven't heard that since college. You obviously have an advanced education, probably in medicine, microbiology, or similar. My lowly MSN in nursing and experience as a corpsman during Nam doesn't hold a candle.

I absolutely agree that pig fat rules! I only used beef since I used elk meat as the basis. I almost always use pork with everything I make, not to mention it is cheaper than beef in most cases.

Once I get a chance to try this again. I'll make all pork or maybe beef/pork franks and post my results. I will definitely increase the water content next time and not leave the links in the smoker as long. I'll finish them in hot water to reach the 150° F target.

Kirby, welcome aboard. Your products are a work of art. Anyone who buys your products will be very pleased.
Rudy
salsiccia re

Post by salsiccia re » Sun Jun 16, 2013 02:50

What was your drill model 1200 rpms is very high for a hand drill
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Jun 16, 2013 04:54

salsiccia re wrote:What was your drill model 1200 rpms is very high for a hand drill
My right angle Makita runs that fast on high speed, 300 rpm on low speed.
Ross- tightwad home cook
IdaKraut
Passionate
Passionate

Post by IdaKraut » Sun Jun 16, 2013 15:46

salsiccia re wrote:What was your drill model 1200 rpms is very high for a hand drill
The Harbor Freight drill I used is rated for 1375 RPM max, but I never run it at full speed.
Rudy