Chorizo With Hot Peppers

ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Sep 11, 2012 04:41

There is a fox that comes into my yard each night and scavanges any scraps that I toss out. He needs the food and he helps with the mouse population.
Ross- tightwad home cook
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Kudos for El Ducko

Post by ssorllih » Thu Feb 28, 2013 22:56

The time has come to report a positive review of Ducky's Tex-Mex chorizo. I am working a bath remodeling job for a couple about the age of my kids. He was born and raised locally but she was born in America of Brazilian parents and spent her summers in Brazil with her extended family. Accordingly I offered her a batch of Chorizo and she accepted and had pronounced it outstanding. No bragging rights for me I just assembled a recipe but Russ worked on it until it gets the approval of a very good cook of Brazilian roots.
Ross- tightwad home cook
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Kudos for El Ducko

Post by el Ducko » Fri Mar 01, 2013 05:42

Wow! Quite a complement. I'm flattered. Thanks.
Duk
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
sausagemaneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by sausagemaneric » Sun Mar 03, 2013 16:46

Another super good chorizo recipe is in the Bruce Aidell's Sausage recipe book. I punch it with a couple tablespoons of fresh garlic and one tablespoon of oregano per 10 lbs. Lots of Vinegar so it falls apart when cooked.
V465
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Mar 03, 2013 19:04

This lastest batch was made with pork and no chicken.. My conclusion is that chicken is not a good choice for chorizo. It could be made to work but it would be a different recipe. Chicken is much wetter than pork.
Ross- tightwad home cook
YooperDog
Beginner
Beginner

Good Recipe

Post by YooperDog » Sun Apr 14, 2013 22:36

El Ducko
Just made your Chorizo recipe yesterday and stuffed it today, great taste. I added a couple of more cloves of garlic and made a slurry with all the seasonings and vinegar. I thinned out the slurry with a bit of the liquid that I had the peppers soaked in. I didn't have an issue with the vinegar unraveling the proteins. I am probably going to tweak it bit with some heat, that is what the tasting crowd requested. Once I get final approval I will need to try them again after getting them in the smoker. Thanks again.