Polish Sausage using Butcher-Packer mix

maeser

Polish Sausage using Butcher-Packer mix

Post by maeser » Sun Feb 28, 2016 05:17

I have seen a thread that I cannot find again. I've been looking for days. It was not Chuckwagon's thread, but he commented in it and mentioned the polish sausage mix sold by Butcher-Packer made is much like the commercial product. I've been searching for days and cannot locate that thread! I need to find it and see whether he used the fresh sausage seasoning mix or the smoked one. i have both. If this rings a bell with anyone please HELP!

Thanks a bunch -
Linda
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Feb 28, 2016 09:10

Hey Linda!

The only thread I could come up with is CW commenting on the B&P binder, not Polish Kielbasa
http://wedlinydomowe.pl/e...?t=5182&start=0

redzed
maeser

Post by maeser » Sun Feb 28, 2016 09:41

Thank you for looking. I do appreciate it. I couldn't get your link to work, but I do remember reading CW's post re binders. I mixed up the fresh polish sausage today. I will see what the family thnks of the fresh polish.

Over the past couple of weeks I've made Mexican chorizo from my own recipe files, plus wieners, both fresh and smoked, breakfast sausage, and I'm mixing up some Italian med. hot. Our two granddaughters, ages 7 & 9, stayed with us for the night. They scarfed their chili dogs with the homemade wieners last night, and ate about half the breakfast sausage from the batch I made last week. We also broke out the Sunrise summer sausage I made and smoked last week. To be honest, I have never eaten summer sausage, so I didn't know what to expect. My son-in-law and the girls finished off about a 7 inch chub & pronounced it delicious, as did my husband. Whew! At this rate, we may have to raise another pig this summer and name it sausage.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Sun Feb 28, 2016 15:17

I don't find anything either Linda.
maeser wrote:It was not Chuckwagon's thread, but he commented in it and mentioned the polish sausage mix sold by Butcher-Packer made is much like the commercial product.
It almost sounds like he may have been commenting on the additives in the Butcher and Packer mix.
Both the smoked and fresh version contain MSG , and the smoked version also contains Sodium Erythorbate as a cure accelerator.

The instructions for the smoked version also add binders and smoke flavor along with the cure#1

Sound like your sausage making endeavors are keeping the troops well fed!!
maeser

Post by maeser » Mon Feb 29, 2016 02:03

Bob K wrote:It almost sounds like he may have been commenting on the additives in the Butcher and Packer mix.
Both the smoked and fresh version contain MSG , and the smoked version also contains Sodium Erythorbate as a cure accelerator.
I remember that thread, Bob. I remember CW was not a fan of the chemicals included in that thread. I'm no fan of chemicals, either, but I'm trying everything that looks possible to me, until I have a folder of "favorite recipes." That folder is well on its way!

So, my apologies to everyone. I found the thread. It was CW's thread, but it was posted here: http://utahwildlife.net/forum/26-recipe ... es-15.html

Yes, we are all eating well here! But, after watching how fast the summer sausage disappeared yesterday, I definitely will have to make more. And, soon.