Test run of new equipment

Bumper
Beginner
Beginner

Test run of new equipment

Post by Bumper » Sun May 28, 2017 11:29

So my lost in the post mincer had to be replaced - finally came on friday. Made a couple of test batches with my new gear - a 5kg tre spade sausage filler and a tre spade mincer. Absolutely over the moon with it. I made a 3kg batch of breakfast sausages and a 3.5kg batch of newmarket with bread sausages. Next week we try out the ink bird controlled fridge with some cacciatore!

Cheers

B.

Image[/img]

Image[/img]
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun May 28, 2017 20:33

Those sausages look wonderful! Reminds me that I need to make some fresh sausages, especially since the grilling season is here. How about posting the recipes for the above sausages? And congrats on getting a Tre Spade grider and stuffer, excellent quality! Is the stuffer horizontal or vertical?
Bumper
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Bumper » Mon May 29, 2017 00:01

redzed wrote:Those sausages look wonderful! Reminds me that I need to make some fresh sausages, especially since the grilling season is here. How about posting the recipes for the above sausages? And congrats on getting a Tre Spade grider and stuffer, excellent quality! Is the stuffer horizontal or vertical?
Thanks! Sorry yes should have posted the recipes - just straight from meatandsausages.com

Breakfast sausages

Newmarket sausages

The stuffer is horizontal and built like a tank. I'm going to have to get another 10mm grind plate though, the one they sent was missing a bottom 'u' cut to fit the grinder, so the newmarket sausages were done with an '8'.
Bumper
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Bumper » Mon Jun 12, 2017 00:02

For those who haven't tried Newmarket sausages, it is well worth making a batch. A beautiful sausage, especially with a nice brown onion gravy, mashed potatoes and peas. The nutmeg, lemon and parsley really lift this one up. I have only have 1 pack left...

Oh for those buying tre spade mincers, just be aware that there is apparently a large run of them that have the pin in the grinder where the grinding plates sit both top and bottom. Mine was one of these. This meant my larger plates 10" plus that do not have a top groove cut did not fit.

You will have to send it back for the pin to be ground down or do it yourself with a drill and small grinding plate.