Storage solutions for sausage meat storage

alex_mercer

Storage solutions for sausage meat storage

Post by alex_mercer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:39

Hey,

This might sound a bit like Inception. Anyway, I bought a mini refrigeration system for storing sausage meat, bacon, pork and whatnot. I was advised against storing it in the basement due to the presence of sneaky rats running around. At about 9:00 PM last night, I went downstairs to grab two packs of sausage loafs and there were unwelcome visitors. It seems to me that the only solution to the problem is storage solutions for the refrigeration system.

Do you use a two tier storage system? If yes, which?
Regards,
Alex
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Oct 25, 2017 06:16

Hi Alex and welcome to the forum. I don't quite understand your question. Is your "mini refrigeration system" a walk in cooler? Or are you simply cooling space in your basement? And would it not be better to rodent proof the area entirely rather than trying to keep your cache out of reach?
alex_mercer

Post by alex_mercer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 08:00

Is your "mini refrigeration system" a walk in cooler? Or are you simply cooling space in your basement?
Yes, it is like this mini refrigerator . It's not the exact model I'm talking about but it looks very similar. Are there any foolproof pest control measures? I mean I would be able to ward them off for now but they keep coming back, right?
Regards,
Alex